Two types of Continental timing belts??

I was searching the net for Continental diesel timing belts and came upon a continental factory site which had listings for VW manufacturers installed belts and VW aftermarket belts listed separately. It was a little confusing , however based on their product descriptions, it appears that the aftermarket Contitech Continental Syncrobelt is different then the continental timing belt installed at the VW factory, and apparently is better made also. Are there two belts or am I mistaken. Are they just slightly different, like factory car tires and aftermarket tires, where the aftermarket is better.They claim they are trying to make belts that last the engine life, and have some Syncro belt applications already over 200,000 miles.

Reply to
verndog

Jim B.

Reply to