Update to 01 Cabrio Trans problem - Adaptive Transmission

Thanks to all who responded to earlier inquiry. Its been over two weeks since I posted this problem and I could not get back to the original link to post response on it. If anyone can tell me how to post to a reply after your ISP has dropped it. I would appreciate it, if this type of post is not proper response to group. I could not bring up any earlier postings past

3-22-06 from my ISP.

I had appointment with dealer and they reset the trans to specs using their computer. The key off/on in park and putting gas to the floor for 5 seconds and then starting failed to fix the erratic shift after trying this reset 3 times.

However with the dealer resetting trans to specs using their equipment problem solved. On the way to the dealer the rpm's were at about 3400 at 63 mph - returning home after the fix the rpm's were at 2800 at 63 mph and the trans has been shifting like silk again with no abrupt shifts or almost stalls as if the torque converter were not releasing when coming to a stop.

Does this mean that in addition to my trans shifting correctly again I'll be getting better MPG or is this the normal range again. I never paid attention to the rpms's and speed before and do not know what's normal for a 01 Cabrio with automatic.

Reply to
cstoddard

Most ISPs get their news feed from a 3rd party, like

but do it in a very half-hearted manner with limited selection and limited archiving. I've found it's always better to get the news directly from the source. An account with Giganews runs about $10/mo but is well worth it even though you're paying a second time for something you should already have free from your ISP.

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau