Urgent help with engine conversion from 2.1 petrol to 1.9 TD in at Transporter Syncro 25 T3 1991.

Hi

I have been trying to find information on the Internet, but haven't been able to find answers to my questions.

I have a Volkswagen Syncro Transporter 25 T3 from 1991. It had a petrol engine (2.1) that is not working anymore. I have bought a 1.9 TD engine to put in it the VW, from a Jetta. I bought it in Denmark and the car and I are now in Ethiopia.

I have just been to the mechanic here in Ethiopia and found that the mounting between the engine and the gearbox from are different for the diesel and petrol engine (I can send pictures of the diesel engine, the petrol engine and the gearbox)

1=2E How do I get the 1.9 TD engine to fit into the petrol (2.1) gearbox? 2=2E where can I buy support for the diesel engine or is it best to make some here? 3=2E Can you use the same gearbox input shaft and does the clutch (diesel flywheel/ Clutch different) work together or do I need to buy different parts? 4=2E Can the wiring from the Syncro petrol work with the 1.9 TD engine (Computer, glow plug relay/timer)?

Ad 3) I found out that there are different lengths for the input shafts. Is it possible to modify them, use the same or do I need to buy some new?

There are not many VW parts here in Ethiopia and therefore I have to do with imported parts or make them here.

If you have a solution for all or some of the problems I would like to hear from you. If you'd like to sell me some parts I'd like a quote. I have some family coming from England soon, it can be send directly to Ethiopia or I can see if some of my friends are coming home from Christmas holiday from other countries.

Best regards,

Brian =D8stergaard (Ethiopia)

Reply to
afrikabrian

[...]

wrote

You may want to check with these guys in Canada they are experts at Vanagon conversions and sell parts for all types of conversions. i bought a distributor conversion ring once for an Audi bubble block for Digifant II VW distributor that worked perfect and was machined nicely.

Harry

Reply to
Harry