US 4-door GTI - anyone seen/heard?

Both C&D and R&T have stated in recent issues that VW is bringing a

4-door GTI to the US for MY 2007. Anybody seen one yet, or heard anything more concrete? VW.com only shows the 2-door. What I would *really really* love is a 4-door R32, but if a 4-door GTI shows up first I think that's the direction I'd go (an R32 probably wouldn't be a wise choice for me anyway... ;-)

Thanks,

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

For whatever reason, 4 door cars are way more popular than 2 doors in the US and Canada now. 4 door GTI will sell here.

Reply to
Tom Levigne

it's been out for about 2 months now. VW's site (in it's ever-timely fashion....HA!) I believe is still showing model year '06 for GTIs so that's why it makes no mention of the 4-door.

Reply to
Matt B.

Oooh! Gotta hit a dealership this weekend...

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

if they have any. it still might be in high demand and short supply.

but they're out there. Check outt he Golf/Jetta V forum on vwvortex.com...folks there have 'em:

sample threads:
?id=2834965

Reply to
Matt B.

We got a 4 door GTI on our lot now... and it still looks very good!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck