V-reg Bora Aircon cluth/compressor failure

Hiya,

I've got a v-reg Bora V5, which until recently, had climate control. Thinking it needed a service, I've just had a man out to look at it, but he tells me a clutch has come off, and the compressor may be knackered.

He then charged me =A320 diagnosis fee and has buggered off, saying he won't touch it. He says it's a lack of aircon servicing, but the garage that services my car has never mentioned that it required it.

Has anyone else had this problem? He reckoned it could cost =A360-70 for a new clutch, possibly a new compressor, plus labour could add up to =A3300-400!!!

If anyone has any advice (other than selling the car) I'd very much appreciate it.

Cheers,

Reply to
Barney