Vanagon 82 speedometer working Odometer is not

It is common problem? Any ideas? Best George

Reply to
pj

I've had this happen to two of my '87 Scirocco's. The first gear in the chain that works the odometer slips on the shaft so it stops counting. I fixed the first one by taking it apart, roughing up the surface of the shaft and the inside of the gear, then putting it back together with some super glue. I haven't gotten around to doing the second one yet.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary