Vibrating steering wheel in MK4 Golf

This weekend while doing some highway driving, I noticed the steering wheel vibrating in my Golf. It is only happening when I am accelerating above 60-65mph. When crusing (say at 70-75mph) the steering is fine - it only happens when I give it some additional gas.

This is a recent thing - it was not happening last week. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks,

-Pete

Reply to
lynchman666

Wheel alignment, out of balance wheels, Fix-a-flat, broken cord in wheel, brake rotor issues, all mute considering you could have way more serious problems like:

Peter Parker

Well, hopefully it is not the 'death wobble'. ;) The ride itself seems fine - passangers are unable to feel any vibrating or wobbling - you can only feel (and see) it in the steering wheel.

So hopefully if it is one of the other issues in the list - it does not sound like it should be too costly. I need to get the tires rotated anyway so I will have that done with a balance to see if that fixes the problem. I have never used fix-a-flat in these tires so I should be good there. I also know the alignment is a bit out thanks to pot-hole ridden Philly - so may be that also.

Thanks,

-Pete

Reply to
lynchman666

**If you're only feeling it in your steering wheel, it could be unbalanced front tire/tires. You can usually feel it within a certain speed band like 60-65, for instance, but not before or after it.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom