Vibration during acceleration in 03 GTI

Just recently i rolled over to 60,000 miles on my 03 GTI and while accelerating 95% of the time the front end vibrates/grinds. Gears shift ok and accelerates ok just during acceleration it vibrates and smooths out after i reach a steady speed. It is mostly worse when I'm on the highway 70+ mph and try to accelerate to pass it shakes really bad and this worries me. Any ideas on what could cause this problem? I was told to just rotate and balance the tires cuz it seems more like i just threw a weight off one of the wheels. This seems like its something else... Any Ideas? Please help

Reply to
awschubert

none2u

if a weight was lost the vibration would also be there w/o accelerating

- broken engine mount?

- exhaust system rattle ( shields - hangers or just plain shot ) When you say it ' shakes ' when passing , do you mean the stearing wheel shakes , or the whole car , or you ' hear' it?

Reply to
samstone

Reply to
Jim Behning