Volkswagen's for 2007 No Diesel's

I almost had a heartattack today when I found out that VW was not making the diesel anymore in there cars, this really sucks, something about the E Testing thing, what will we do without our true and tested VW diesel machines.

:(

Reply to
Tron

they may return when the US goes to mandated low sulphur diesel ('08 I think but don't quote me on that).

Reply to
Matt B.

VW _is_ making Diesels, Thing is, the US is _not_ making proper diesel fuel. Let's get our act together...

Reply to
Hans

Reply to
none2u

It's not WV, it is years of delays caused by the oil industry and truck lobby groups and the politicians who accept their bribes (contributions) to keep their profits high.

The new regulations are finally on the books and the new lower sulfur diesel is starting to make it way around. Once it is available nationally, then VW and the other diesel manufacturers will bring in their diesel products.

The good news is that will open up our market for the even better diesel designs that Europe has had for years. Look for better performance from the new engines.

I wonder if Detroit also lobbied against the new fuels?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
none2u

Yep. As a note, the new fuel can be used without problems in the old engines, but new engines will be required when the fuel is available because much cleaner engines can then be used.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Igel

Why can't you people just stay to the topic, why is there always a bunch of trolls trying so hard to cross post, If you have something to say start your own post, don't f*ck up others, I had nothing to say about fuel and how it was or wasn't mixed, its about Volkswagen NOT making the Volkswagen diesel cars anymore.

Get a life and start a post yourself

Reply to
Tron

Why can't you people just stay to the topic, why is there always a bunch of trolls trying so hard to cross post, If you have something to say start your own post, don't f*ck up others, I had nothing to say about fuel and how it was or wasn't mixed, its about Volkswagen NOT making the Volkswagen diesel cars anymore.

Get a life and start a post yourself

Reply to
Tron

Tron, Volkswagen is still making diesel cars. They are selling lots of them outside the US. They, and other manufacturers are reducing or eliminating cars sold in the US because quality fuel required for these cars to operate properly and reliably is not available yet.

The answer to your question IS the fuel issue.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Volkswagen is producing diesel cars, thousands of them. They are not selling them in the USA for 2007.

The reason why they are not bringing diesel cars to the USA in 2007 is because of the newer emission levels. To meet the new emission levels Volkswagen has new engines (Available since quite some time in Europe) which meet the new emission levels, BUT these engines need ultra low sulphur diesel fuel.

This fuel is not available in the USA yet so Volkswagen decided not to sell diesels cars until the ultra low sulphur diesel fuel is available.

Remco

Reply to
Remco Meeder

But I read somewhere that they have stock piled up on 2006 and will be selling them in 2007 until they can get the engine and fuel to meet US standards.

Reply to
carl.feldhaus

carl.feldhaus

The US fuel standards have to come up to the level required by the new TDI engines.

Basically, as long as you have crap diesel fuel loaded with sulphur that doesn't meet the needs of this century, there's no way that a new diesel engine will be put in a VW destined for the USA.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

They miss the point *completely*.

The lack of ULSD in the USA means that the engines that can meet the requirements cannot be brought into the country.

Nice to see the US-based companies being able to preserve their profits by one means or another; while the sulphur spews out of the tailpipes.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

Tron wrote. I almost had a heartattack today when I found out that VW was not making the diesel anymore in there cars, this really sucks, something about the E Testing thing, what will we do without our true and tested VW diesel machines. >>Did you really almost have a heart attack over what VW is doing...

bunch of trolls trying so hard to cross post, If you have something to say start your own post, don't f*ck up others, I had nothing to say about fuel and how it was or wasn't mixed, its about Volkswagen NOT making the Volkswagen diesel cars anymore.

Get a life and start a post yourself

So, without cross posting the correct answer, or discussing fuel,and after reevaluating Trons original post, and reply.....

VW diesel machines.

Reply to
none2u