VR6 Spark Plugs

95 Passat VR6. Been religiously using the NGK BKR-5-EKU spark plugs since I bought the car used a few years ago. First set ran 34,000 km before the engine started to miss. Next set made it 30,000km before the missing and stumbling started. Not what I'd expect from $10 plugs. All plugs light tan/grey, some build-up on a few of them, gap seemed huge and center electrode seemed worn small.

Just changed them again and have gone to Bosch Platinum+4, part #4418. Let's see if these last any longer.

atluck

Reply to
karmutzen

I have never had any luck with NGK plugs, even though they were OE on several vehicles. At present, we are exclusively Bosch, and average

30,000 trouble-free miles (48,000km) between changes. And we change based on the interval, not the performance of the plug directly.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Hi Atluck

The next you may want to try the Iridium version of the OE NGK plug. It will outlast any other plug, Bosch, Champion, etc..

Here are the plug numbers for your Passat VR6 Laser Platinum BKR5EKUP * 2890 .028 Iridium IX BKR5EIX 6341 .028

Good Luck. Frank

Your Source for Spark Plugs!

Reply to
Frank