vw 99 jetta 2.0 L cat mass air

hi called today to order my cat the parts guy told me to put in a mass air flow sensor or the cat will go bad with in a week he said this is big problem he sees alot the palce i called just sells cat converters sould i put the mass air in as well) the reason iam changing the is it is all broken up in side allso have code 1680 6dtc all info would help thanks

Reply to
tonysjeeps

how many miles?

Reply to
Woodchuck

A faulty mass air flow sensor could cause a catalytic converter to die, but, so could other stuff. I'd expect if the mass air flow sensor were bad you would notice it in drivability or mileage and your computer would be putting out more codes. For example, if the mass airflow sensor were causing the car to run ridiculously rich the oxygen sensor should complain about being out of range, but its not. It's possible the O2 sensor is bad but that is detectable as well.

dan

Reply to
Just Me