vw bora diesel turbo

We have bt a second hand bora with about 60k on the clock. On every long journey, the turbo cuts out after about 70 miles. The garage say it can't find any fault. any ideas welcome.

Reply to
reader1

Test if it is not the MAF sensor by uncoupling it and testing whether performance improves without it. If it improves it is the MAF sensor. If not, I do not know.

Reply to
Ernest

Thanks "Ernest" Garage say they have already replaced airmass sensor (is that the same thing?) but turbo still cuts out on EVERY long motorway journey

Reply to
reader1

Could be many of things. How do you know, if it is a turbo cutting out, or is it something else?

Reply to
draugaz

Join and ask on

giving more information like year.