VW Cabrio: Step 2 (DONOR FOUND)

Well went to the junkyard today, and Low and behold, a 1990 Cabriolet was there, white even.

pics here, with the parts i pulled off that i need so far

What a hellova find. What we are trying to figure out is how to cut off that side inner fender so we can fuse it to the car we have. BTW we checked the strut tower on the Cabrio, and it is straight. We just want to make sure when we get the new inner/outer fender combination on, we keep it that way.

Suggestions?

Reply to
Spectre90Cabrio

I'll start by saying , i have no expierence in actually doing this , but have seen it done a couple times - so just take this as a little input - food for thought Take some measurements on the one your fixing from know OK body parts to the area just before where the damage is. ( say from the door hinge mounts to almost the crumbled zone ) sketch it out and take as many measurements as you'll need to get ( from the donor ) everything that is damaged on yours. Measure Twice and recheck your figures. Keep in mind , the smaller the cuts are in length the less you'll have to fuse back.

Get some measurements from the donor so you can match these munbers on yours when attaching donor parts to yours. ( say from the door hinge to junction of the front crossmember ). these measurements are used later when reattaching.

Then on the donor car, plot the first measurements from your car with a sharpie pen. Saws-all ( recep. saw ) with a fine metal blade or five and remove wanted parts from donor . Just some thoughts , again I 've only seen this done. so get more input...

Schweeeeeeeet find on the donor!

Reply to
samstone