VW Corrado Cant fix...Plz Help

I have a VW Corrado G60 and I am having problems...it stalls, loss of power, Black Smoke coming from exhaust. I replaced Cat. Converter, O2 Sensor, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Distributor Cap, rotor, checked fuel injectors, and even replaced the ECU. Its still the same I dont know what to do if anyone can give any advice thanks.

Reply to
Chiquis

A faulty coolant-temperature sensor perhaps...

Reply to
al

Are any codes being set? A sticky ' MAF ' could cause running rich.

Reply to
samstone

Sure does sound like the car is in "limp-home" mode with a faulty air- mass meter. The MAF sensor is incorporated into this unit. If the platinum wire fails, the symptoms you describe happen. Or disconnected, or corroded. The first is expensive, the latter two are easy-fixes.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

G60 doesn't have the typicial style MAF. do some research then comment.

Reply to
news.wildblue.net

Did you check the blue sensor? Do a compression test, check timing belt, check vacuum line to ecu. Could be that this vac. line is not connected to the right vac. port.

SFC

"Chiquis" schreef in bericht news:987697 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com...

Reply to
SFC

check vacuum lines, particularly the one on the fuel pressure regulator.

Reply to
Matt B.

This is a long shot, but also check the crank gear for the timing belt. They are known to shear the Woodruff key.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Well I fixed the Black Smoke problem, but it still stalls and loss of power

"Matt B." wrote

Reply to
Chiquis