VW Fox Temp and fuel Gauge Broke

hi, Both my temp and fuel gauge stopped working on my 1989 VW Fox- 4 speed. I understand its probably a relay or something bad. Does anyone know where this is, hope its not in the dash! And is this something I can fix myself? Thanks, kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Get a Bentley Service Manual. Just about any maintenance/repair questions are answered there.

Reply to
Papa

Both gauges share a common voltage regulator that's plugged into the dashboard circuit board. That's where the Bentley manual will have you start.

It's a cheap part but you have to remove the dashboard to get to it... again, the Bentley is your friend.

Reply to
Vince Waldon

Reply to
ShaunM