Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- VW Golf Gti M Reg Weird Fault. Uk Model
- VW Internet
June 8, 2007, 3:19 pm
rate this thread
I was ondering if any of you guys would know what causes this
The Car is an M reg Golf Gti Mk3 2.0 8 Valves, and when I went to
start the car, it started, and just died.
I have had problems earlier on this year, and the distributer cap was
replaced, the spark plugs and the leads, and that resolved the cutting
Tonight I went to start the car , and it started, but just died,and
lost power, I wiggled the spark plug leads, and it started.
I went to my next destination, and when I got in the car again, the
sam ehappened, so this time, i took the leads off and re-seated them,
and the car started fine.
Any ideas what could cause this?
All help appreciated.. :-)
Re: VW Golf Gti M Reg Weird Fault. Uk Model
1. Correct parts includes brand (Bosch usually).
2. The spark is usually boosted to allow easier starting. (Think
'ballast resistor' as found in older points type vehicles). Once the
start mode is 'off', the spark gets weaker, then the problem shows up.
3. That dielectric grease is *really* important to keeping the cable
ends sealed from the environment.
- » Re: Useful information about car air conditioners
- — Previous thread in » Volkswagen, everything else
- » Hyundai offers three free years of Blue Link safety tech
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Hyundai Cars and SUV Forum