VW golf mark IV luggage compartment sensor

The warning light for my luggage compartment of my VW golf mark IV keeps coming on? when i know fine well the luggage compartments closed and locked any idea

-- Tommo

View this thread:

Send from

Tommo

Hi, thank god found someone with the same problem as me. I am just about to try fuse box but am unsure as there is not one specifically for the luggage compartment. I think i will try the one for the light display

Can you let me know if anyone answers your query or if you solve this issue and i will do likewise as if i hear another bloody beep whilst listening to music i will lose my rag

mine only goes off after driving for a while say 15mins. Is this the same on yours

-- pescouk

View this thread:

Send from

pescouk

This is a very common VW problem. The microswitch in the hatch lock is broken. I don't think the microswitch is available separately. You may have to replace the whole hatch lock assembly. I had to replace 2 locks under warranty because of this. This may also cause you alarm to go off randomly since it may think that the door is open.

Reply to
Alex

try fuse box but am unsure as there is not one specifically for the luggage compartment. I think i will try the one for the light display.

and i will do likewise as if i hear another bloody beep whilst listening to music i will lose my rag.

Reply to
mtmgf

Hi all,

Sounds like a similar thing happened to my new 2006 GTI 1.8T. One week after delivery, a door sensor started reporting open. The dealer reports that the window washer fluid squirter in the back hatch was leaking, ran down and shorted out the switch in the latch.

- Jim K

Reply to
JAMES KLOTZ

Guys,

Any real resolution on this problem? I've got it *again* on my brand new

2006 (MK4 type) GTI. It cropped up after I had the car a week and the dealer said it was leaking read door window washer fluid leak - also said it was fixed. It's raining hard her the last 2 days and now I have a door open light on all the time again. Grrrr...

Jim K

Reply to
JAMES KLOTZ

Just an FYI note:

The dealer replaced the gasket around the rear window wiper/washer where it comes through from the inside. They also replaced the whole rear door latch and the related "cable ends" (I assume this means connectors).

This has corrected the problem - so far anyway. We're in the midst of a long stretch of rain here (Seattle Washington, USA area)... today is the

24th straight day of rain and no end in sight. If the problem was going to recur, it should have done so by now.

- Jim K

SNIP

Reply to
JAMES KLOTZ