VW Golf Mk3 indicators

I have a golf Mk3 and my front bumper indicators and reflectors keep getting stolen. Wherever in London i park and on average twice a year. Looking around on the streets half the circulating Mk3 golfs have similar deficiencies. Someone is making loads of money out of this cause to get the parts from a dealer it costs at least 50 quid to replace it all.

Has anyone had the same problem? Has anyone figured out a solution of how to fix the parts to the bumper so that they dont clip off that easily? I am thinking of supergluing hoping it will sort the problem once and for all!

Frustrated.

Reply to
Stetanos

HAHA i had a front reflector blanking plate stolen in Oxford, UK. Then i fitted after market fog lights which don't use the same parts as standard fogs for golfs making the blanking plates useless to anyone else. You can find hundreds of golf Mk3 indicators on ebay :) find urs there. For the indicators use plastic tie cuffs to connect them to the bumper.

Reply to
Joe

Sorry to hear that's happening. Epoxy is much more reliable than superglue for most things in my experience.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

What concerns me is that next time they try and cannot get it off (due to my Araldite) they trash the rest of my car instead :-(

Reply to
Stetanos

OK. Some people might leave the doors unlocked for a similar reason.

So an alternative would be to engrave/silkscreen a unique identifier onto the pieces to make them less attractive to resell as booty on Ebay.

Reply to
Tom's VR6