VW Golf TDi PD engine

Hi,

I'm buying a second hand VW Golf from around 2000 / 2001. I've test driven a few today and I don't think they have the PD engine in them even though I've read that it was introduced to the Golfs in September

1999.

Is there anyway to confirm what engine they have in them? Perhaps via the engine number?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
mrcjwalker

2004 was the PD-TDI...you're missing it by a few years.
Reply to
Matt B.

P.S. you can also tell by the specs on the engine. For North America, the

1.9 TDI was 90hp and the PD TDI was 100hp.
Reply to
Matt B.

I have a Golf GT TDI PD130 and thats a 130bhp registered 2001 on a 51 plate.

Trying to recall how you can check if its a PD engine, the books a work but I would have thought that it would be stated on the registration document. Regard

Reply to
Chuckie Finzter

Reply to
Chuckie Finzter