VW Jetta A3 1997 NO SPARK

I am having a no start problem with my 97 VW Jetta. I just replaced the distributor and was timing the car, when I turned the distributor too far and stalled it. I then moved the distributor back to its original position and tried to start the car again. Engine would turn but no spark. Coil pack is good I used my spare and got the same results. Testing the Hall Sensor wiring I get a + 10 volts on the middle wire ( the one that is to be receiving the signal and send it to the EMC) There is no short in the distributor. I tested it by disconnecting the engine harness checking the wires with an ohmmeter. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Bill

Reply to
wwarcola