Wanted-1986 Golf MT solid rubber Front Motor Mount

Does anyone know where I can purchase a solid rubber front engine mount for my

1986 A2, 8V, 1.8L, Golf with manual transmission. This is the mount next to the radiator. I have been told that they are not available and I will have to retro fit to another type of solid mount. The retro fit includes buying another type of bracket as well as a different type of solid motor mount.
Reply to
Jtkrush

Hepburn

Or you could change over to the more common style Someone in this group will have one to sell you inexpensively. ;-) later, dave

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I just changed all my mounts on my '86 GTI and did change the front one to the newer style with the new bracket. I don't think they make the original style any more. Probably because it was bad design. All new mounts made it ride like a new car. (well, almost, still have some suspension work to do)

I found The Bus Depot had the best prices.

I've bought several things from them and they almost always have the best price and the service is good too. Look for part numbers 191199279CSP for the rubber mount and 191199273C for the bracket.

Ed '86 GTI '01 Golf GLS

Reply to
Mr.Eddy

I just put all the engine mounts in my 86 golf 4 months ago I purchased all the mounts from BSI racing in Florida .They have an online catalog with pictures. They call it the heavy duty A2 mount kit. I bought all the mounts, INCLUDING the solid rubber front mount. All diesels A2 have it . The right engine mount and the trans mount. It was quite a deal. ALL three parts for

Reply to
verndog