Water leak-Condensate drain-98 VR6

I have a water leak into the passenger side when the A/C is running a lot. I can touch the source of the leak at the condensate drain(I think) where the plastic tube hits a rubber gasket going into the firewall. But, I can't really get at it to look at what to do from inside the car due to the foam stuff that covers it...there is some type of strap holding it up that I'm afraid to mess with since I'm sure I'll break it and never fix it. Questions:

  1. Am I at the correct place to poke/shoot air in to clear this drain? If not where?
  2. How do I get this stupid foam thing off and access this drain? Any details out there on this one? Thanks, SN
Reply to
Stephen Neal

I don't know the answer, but there are lots of VW experts who participate in the VWvortex forums. Ask your question there and you should get very detailed responses. Just go to

and choose the appropriate forum for your particular car.

Reply to
Papa