Water level indicator deactivation

Does anyone know how to disable the water level indicator in the dash, without pulling out the cluster? The *%&$# thing wont stop blinking, even though the level is right and the engine is cold. I tried removing the clip from the sensor on the reservoir, to no avail. And yes, I'm being cheap by not just replacing the sending unit.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
moosegti

jumper the wire or wires or something like that! That's the best I can do without knowing what kind of truck,bus,car,train you own.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I don't have the wiring diagram, but I would guess shorting the lead to the sensor to ground would do it. It might also blow something out.

Don't be so cheap. Skip that extra beer tonight and get the sensor.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan