wax question

What is the best wax to use on a black car?

Reply to
sum41rsx

Rob Guenther

I've always used either Simoniz or Meguiar's hard carnauba wax. I also use this wax on my taillights, which still look new, and on my alloy rims to protect them. And I always do it by hand to avoid swirls.

1992 black Jetta.

This link has some basic tips and such.

Archangel

A wax that is pure carnauba, without any cleaners or abrasives added. The cleaners and abrasives are what dry white, whereas a pure carnauba wax will dry yellowish and rub off of black trim parts easily, so you don't get white edges and smears on plastic parts.

Reply to
Brian Running

I'm not a car guy, so I might be some lemming that's just totally fallen for some marketing ploy, but I use "NuFinish" on my 95 black Cabrio 'bout every three months (even though it's that "once a year car polish"). My car's all shiny, slick, and mirror-like. And that makes me happy.

Oh, just don't get it on the textured black plastic. See the white spot on my bumper? It's apparently permanent. LOL.

Spot:

--S. John

Reply to
S John M-M

Reply to
Rick

Break the wax habit. Try a high quality polish like Zaino:

I've been a delighted user of their stuff for a while now.

Reply to
ropeyarn