Web site help for Passat B4 headlight removal?

Anyone know of a site that gives the details on changing headlights on a 97 Passat TDI?

Thanks!

Reply to
me

I am also looking for help with this same thing for my 97 Passat GLX. I posted something on Edmunds.com and got bad advice. Cloudy lenses are a common problem with these cars, I bought replacement assemblies and I'm surprised there is basically nothing on line to use as a resource to change them out.

Reply to
Bearpair1

I don't have a Passat but usually they're a matter of just unbolting them and bolting in the new ones (although the new ones will have to be aimed too). Should be usually two mounting points at the top to the radiator support and probably at least one lower mounting point (might have to remove the corner lamps anyway too) and accessing the lower mounting points might involve removing the grille. Hopefully the bumper doesn't need removal. All those are educated guesses but that's usually how these mount up.

However many good auto parts stores sell kits to polish the old lenses...have you tried that? Might want to try that rather than put in new assemblies.

Reply to
Matt B.

Here is a site describing how to polish up those headlights.

I quickly searched for your answer, and I have changed the radiators, thus the headlights got removed, but I can't find any pictures or written up procedures. I would not remember until I saw another 95-97 Passat.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1