What size are Cat Converter bolts?

Hi

I am about to change my cat on my 1984 GTI Rabbit and want to pick up some replacement bolts / nuts.

Does anyone know what size / length they are? I am not talking about the wrench size to remove them but rather the bolt diameter and length.

Thanks James

Reply to
James Murphy

I went to the local hardware store and bought stainless bolts and nuts when I replaced the cat on my 1982 convertible. They were standard (ie not metric thread) and fit fine. I think they were 5/16" bolts. I may have had to hacksaw one or more to length. Sorry that I can remember details, but I've used standard stainless fasteners to do cat work on the 82 convert, my 95 Golf (you have to disconnect the cat to replace the oxygen sensor) and an 87 RX7 I used to own. They're all running together in my memory.

Bill

78 Rabbit...10/77 - 4/02 82 Convertibles(s)...since 93 95 Golf GL...since 11/99 02 Passat 1.8T Tip GLS...since 4/02
Reply to
William Maslin
8mm x ?
Reply to