What the deal with VW Windshields?

I've had my 04 Passat for 2 years and have had to replace the windshield twice.

Last night, for the second time, debris on the freeway hit the windshield and left a very deep gouge, that will only get worst with time.

I've never had problems like this with other cars, but this is bs having to replace the windshield once a year.

Are VW windshields thinner then other autos?

Reply to
ItBeMe

Chances are your replacement window was not manufactured by VW.

Thinner would not make it easer to be scratched or chipped.

I can't say the the 04's but my 02 has been replaced due to rock-crack damage, but that was a good size rock thrown by an industrial lawn mower. My insurance paid the full amount, I don't even know what it cost.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. twice. that's all.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
none2u

Try owning a Jeep Wrangler in Vermont. My insurance company balked at the third replacement in a year.

Reply to
Tom R.