when do the 2005 Jetta's come out?

When do the 2005 Jetta's come out? I keep getting different answers, depending on which dealer I'm talking to. Some are telling me July, while others are telling me September/October. Anyone know?

Reply to
Wyley Ingeus

I had the impression that the A5 Jetta was still a year off. The A5 Golf has been out for a while in Europe, but all of VW's Eurpoean web sites still show the A4 Bora (Jetta). Doing some Googling I found one photo of what might be an A5 Jetta, but might be a Photoshop job somebody whipped up. There's nothing on

yet either.

Reply to
Al Rudderham

take it to the bank.......... one year from last month. period! end of discussion!

regards

Reply to
euro930

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

You're telling me that VW Canada will have the 2005 model year in March

2005??? Some dealers will be shipping the 2006 model year by then.

Wyley

Reply to
Wyley Ingeus

it's called overlap.....will be some of both body style,same model year.

Reply to
euro930

They did worse than that in the 92 to 93 model change over - the first

93s didn't arrive until the summer of 93, and they didn't see much volume until a few weeks before the 94s arrived in the fall...

I'd say the fact that there have been NO news releases, official photos, or anything else is telling. Don't hold your breath.

Reply to
Al Rudderham

Buy a 2006 in March of 2005 is a bunch of marketing ploy by the auto makers. Take a look at VW for trying to keep up to other auto makers. VW has a Golf/Jetta 99 and 99.5 along with the Passat 2001/2001.5 Does anyone think a 99 Golf/Jetta is the same as the 99.5 got to be smoking wacky tobacco. Years ago I was told over in Germany that the 98 model year end on Dec 31st and Jan 1st starts the 99 model year. See what I'm getting out here? For all those people who purchased a 99 Golf/Jetta or 2001 Passat if they would have just waited about 3 months more you would be driving the "true" respective year. It's the same when getting parts for your VW especially for them years, parts man asks ya "when was your car produced?". So anyone driving a early 99 Golf/Jetta and early 2001 Passat I got news for you, it's really a late production 98 & 2000 vehicle. That's my 2 cents, and let's see how big this fire gets I started?

Reply to
Woodchuck
93 Golf/Jetta's were held up because of production problems since all the USA market was to come from Mexico.

Reply to
Woodchuck

You are right....

My 1968 Beetle was built in September of 1967, but has all of the 1968 equipment (safety belts, different bumpers, etc.)....In my experience, August was the transition month....August to July of say 1990 was a true

1990 model year...August to July of 1990/1991 was when the '91s were built....but in recent years, I think that VW has shifted it's thinking. My 1990 Jetta GLI was built on May 14, 1990 (my birthday...lol) and yet it has equipment that wasn't available until the 1991 model year....basically, the Aktiv sound system and Daytime Running Lights....the U.S. got the Aktiv system in 1990...I think...May of 1990 is also when big bumpers became standard on the A2 platform (unless it was a Wolfsburg Edition)...

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Edmunds.com says that the 2005 will come out in March 2005 also. Here's their blurb about it:

What Edmunds.com Says: It may be Volkswagen's entry-level sedan, but with more room and more power there's not going to be anything "entry-level" about it.

What We Know: This all-new Jetta will be based on the same platform as the Golf that debuted in Europe last fall. The revamped Jetta will get a longer wheelbase and a wider track, but the styling isn't likely to differ much from the current version. The engine lineup won't change much either, but the 3.2-liter V6 is a possible addition. It's expected to go on sale in the U.S. next spring.

Reply to
GAW

I wouldn't trust edmunds.com as far as I could throw them....

Reply to
Pete Cressman

FYI I recently saw what seemed like a new Jetta in a parking lot. It had angled head lights more similar to the style typically on the Golf. It was bright red and seemed to be a "souped up" sport model. I'm not sure if it was true production or some sort of custom or prototype. Just thought I'd share. Any insight appreciated I'm also very interested about the 2005. I'm thinking of buying now and wondering if I should wait.

Reply to
EVar1018

Mazda just released their new 2004 6 model... or so they say.

Reply to
Golf Guy