Where can you purchase Door Knob Locks 1989 Jetta Carat?

cc)

Vehicle Model # RB1G Vehicle Type 4S Engine Type SOHC Engine code PF Engine Series (ID/VIN) 105 hp@ 5400 rpm with A/C Fuel system Digifant II Digital Electronic Fuel Injection Manufacture Date 11/88 Model Year 1989 Transmission Automatic 3 speed / air conditioning Volkswagen AG West Germany                Wolfsburg Car number 266,124 Manufacturer make Europe passenger Car

Body Style 4 door Sedan (upgrade)

Reply to
Bo Ku

thanks bo ku

Model: 1989 Jetta Carat 1.8 Liters (engine displacement liters (1780 cc)

Vehicle Model # RB1G Vehicle Type 4S Engine Type SOHC Engine code PF Engine Series (ID/VIN) 105 hp@ 5400 rpm with A/C Fuel system Digifant II Digital Electronic Fuel Injection Manufacture Date 11/88 Model Year 1989 Transmission Automatic 3 speed / air conditioning Volkswagen AG West Germany Wolfsburg Car number 266,124 Manufacturer make Europe passenger Car

Body Style 4 door Sedan (upgrade)

Reply to
none2u

Where can you purchase Door Knob Locks 1989 Jetta Carat?Have you called the dealer for a price? Can't be more than about $3 each!

thanks bo ku

Model: 1989 Jetta Carat 1.8 Liters (engine displacement liters (1780 cc)

Vehicle Model # RB1G Vehicle Type 4S Engine Type SOHC Engine code PF Engine Series (ID/VIN) 105 hp@ 5400 rpm with A/C Fuel system Digifant II Digital Electronic Fuel Injection Manufacture Date 11/88 Model Year 1989 Transmission Automatic 3 speed / air conditioning Volkswagen AG West Germany Wolfsburg Car number 266,124 Manufacturer make Europe passenger Car

Body Style 4 door Sedan (upgrade)

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Actually I bought one about 6 months ago for my GTI (Jetta is probably similar/same). Surprisingly it was about $5 for one. That's quite a bit for a cheap piece of plastic. I can see where someone would not want to pay $20 for four of these little pieces of crap.

Reply to
Matt B.

"Little pieces of crap" are needed to lock/unlock doors from inside. The institution knows most people don't want to spend their time and money trying to locate these. So, they know that they can charge a premium price. All the other miscellaneous parts need storage locations, someone to pull it, someone to wrap and ship it, someone to dock the inventory. It all adds up.

Automakers are required to provide replacement parts for 10 years. After that, is iffy. Junkers may be missing these door locks at the junkyard as already taken. So can see why the guy is asking for another option.

Reply to
Jonny

Hi It is the knob you pull up to unlock the door from the inside ­ screws onto threaded rod

The knobs sold at auto supply stores are too big ­ will not screw onto VW - The VW knobs are very small opening to screw onto door knob

Junk yard VWs are very rare here

Reply to
Bo Ku

The door knob locks are expensive and difficult to find (all four door knobs are missing so - $20 +) I will try the dealer and see what the price is

I tried the other online VW sellers however none had any to sell Probably not worth their while to carry such a small item These have very small openings so not any knob will fit So take care of your door knob locks - they're relatively expensive for such a small item ( I just noticed all the knobs were missing the other day when I pulled up the driver side knob and it broke off (doors locked) couldn't open any doors from the inside - had to power down a window and unlock the door from the outside while sitting in the driver seat)

YIKES A potential dilemma Thanks

Reply to
Bo Ku

Some dealers, not just VW... "matrix" parts prices. So call around to others in your area.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Try Ebay or the VWvortex forum. If neither of these help, click on the following to see a lengthy list of sources:

Papa

Depending where you live, here in Canada I can buy them for about $1.70 each Cdn tax included. so less the $7.00 for the set.

Depending where you live, here in Canada I can buy them for about $1.70 each Cdn tax included. so less the $7.00 for the set. And that's not from a scap yard those are Brand new replacements.

Thanks will give it a try

Bo ku

Reply to
Bo Ku

This is the resource I need! Now this would be reasonable.

Bo ku

Reply to
Bo Ku

Thanks for the help I found some door knob locks However they are called "DOOR PINS" this term seems better than knobs Still going to be $20 - $30 for four

bo ku

"Parts4Euro.com"

Parts4Euro.com Team

VW - JOM Aluminum Door Pins With Rubber Rings for all 99.5 - 05 MK4 Jetta Sedan or Wagon, Golf, GTI $14.99 VW - JOM Aluminum Door Pins With wolfsburg Logo for all 99.5 - 05 MK4 Jetta Sedan or Wagon, Golf, GTI ON SALE!! $12.99 VW - JOM Aluminum Door Pins With Aluminum Rings for all 99.5 - 05 MK4 Jetta Sedan or Wagon, Golf, GTI ON SALE!! $10.99 VW - JOM Aluminum Door Pins Bullet Style for all 99.5 - 05 MK4 Jetta Sedan or Wagon, Golf, GTI GTI ON SALE!! $10.99 VW - JOM Aluminum Door Pins With Rubber Rings for all 93 - 99 MK3 Jetta, Golf, GTI & Cabrio SORRY BACK ORDERED $14.99 VW - JOM Aluminum Door Pins With wolfsburg Logo for all 93 - 99 MK3 Jetta, Golf, GTI & Cabrio BACK IN STOCK!! $14.99 VW - Top Gear Aluminum Classic Door Pins for MK1 to MK3 VW NEW PRODUCT!! $14.99 VW - OEM Turbo S Door Pins all 99.5 - 05 MK4 Jetta Sedan or Wagon, Golf, GTI $24.99 VW - OEM Skoda Door Pins all 99.5 - 05 MK4 Jetta Sedan or Wagon, Golf, GTI $18.99 AUDI - Top Gear Aluminum Door Pins With Rubber Rings for AUDI A4 NEW PRODUCT!! $14.99

Reply to
bo_ku

Actually, I just noticed the company is also in the U.S. Its called Altrom, and many part stores (NAPA and some others, check your local area) can order parts from them, but as far as I know you must be a dealer to order, at least thats the way the use to run. Generally what ever price they show on the altrom.com website is what you ends up paying in the end from the store. Just ask if your local part supplier orders stuff from the altrom warehouse and if they could order them in for you. Otherwise, let me know and I could try to get them for you.

Thanks for the info I did go to NAPA first and asked for the Jetta door knobs and of course NAPA did not have them. It would have been smart if NAPA had offered to order the door knob locks.

You are right on Altron is much less expensive Door Lock Knob BLACK 191837187 $1.70 (at this location they are referred to as door lock knobs) colloquial

this is wholesale price- yet quite a difference in price

unfortunately I already ordered the gold plated priced door pins

certainly will keep this in mind next time

thanks

Reply to
bo_ku

I always check the altrom site first to see what they have and the price they list, you can save up to 50% over other stores. Once you start asking that they check Altrom, they might realize they can save their customers alot of $$$, and get repeat business, my NAPA stores automatically look for the import parts at Altrom now, and rarely find a better deal, but still make a profit. Oh, and the price they list is not the price the dealers pay, they get it for less, cause when I pick up my parts my after tax price is usually about the list price on the website.

I recently purchased door knobs from this site for $1.31 a piece

They also carry door handles, latches, and gaskets

-- datatechnic

View this thread:

Send from

datatechnic