Where to find cheap engine splash shield for new beetle

I am looking for the big black plastic under the engine, the one we need to remove for oil change. I checked all the online store, cannot find it. Someone said it might cost more than 200$ Anybody know where to find a cheap one?

thanks a lot!

Reply to
Gong Cheng

Have you tried the VW dealer first? Unless it's a TDI they are cheap.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I had an oil change done at a Jiffy Lube type of place. Shortly afterwards, the belly pan on my 00 Passat fell of at speed. I didn't connect the 2 event's till I was browsing here. The pan was $225 I think.

There was a thread here about some guys whipping up a carbon fibre pan for a VW product, but I doubt it'd come in cheap....

You might check an Automotive "Used Parts" Company. I'm sure the industry has a proper term for them, but they are shops that will sell you an entire front clip from a car that was rear ended. It appears to be more of a supplier to the body industry than a Stack them till we crush them "junkyard" type of place.

I have one near me in Somerville NJ (or Bridgewater NJ) I believe. I regret not checking with them when I ripped the drivers mirror off my

96 Explorer. That was an expensive oops...

Hope this helps.

Jim

Reply to
JTM065

True the passat is around 2 big bills, but for the NB it's a lot less. From memory the middle piece is around $40.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Motormite HELP! just announced a bunch of new numbers. Among them is this:

#41098 Engine Splash Shield VW Beetle, Golf, Jetta, Passat, Audi A4 & A6 2004-98

I don't know the price yet, but I should know tomorrow.

||I am looking for the big black plastic under the engine, the one we ||need to remove for oil change. I checked all the online store, cannot ||find it. Someone said it might cost more than 200$ Anybody know where ||to find a cheap one? || ||thanks a lot!

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B