where to get mirror replacement lens?

The mirror lens on the driver side mirror of my 95 Cabrio came unglued and fell off and broke. (The rest of the mirror assembly is fine; it's just the lens itself that came off.)

Where might I find a replacement lens?

I tried a couple of online VW parts places and it didn't seem to be a stock item, and I called a window glass company and they said they don't do those. I haven't tried the dealer yet - hoping not to get reamed on price.

Reply to
Walter Harley

I bet the dealer can get one, but if it's out of your price range then use aluminum foil!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Dave

This site is run by a Volkswagen dealer (Auburn VW) so theysell genuine VW parts. They show the glass at $16.98

Todd Seattle,WA '86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 260,000 miles '87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car) 530,000 miles

Reply to
racertod

I've been through this twice on my '91 (once each side) and the first time I got one from parts4vws.com and the second time the dealer and the dealer wasn't really apprciably more on this particular item than parts4vws.com so in this case the dealer wasn't bad.

Reply to
Matt B.

Have you tried an auto glass shop?

Do not go where the path may lead... Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Emerson

Reply to
Archangel

Yes. Sorry, my bad - in my OP I said I tried a "window glass" company when what I meant was "auto glass" company. I was thinking of car windows...

Looks like some good leads in the other responses, though.

Reply to
Walter Harley