Wife-mobile now needs window regulator?

Sigh...

To review, wife's '98 Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0 (67k miles) has had the following problems:

- Stranded me in a blizzard

- Tranny pops outta reverse EXCEPT at the dealership's repair shop

- Cruise control stopped working

And now, for the new tricks...

- The Driver's window fell down. It popped outta the clip, and fell. The local window shop put it back in the clip, rolled it up, and unplugged the regulator motor until we could get it repaired. It looks as though there is a plastic part that has broken in there, and it was obvious that the previous owner had made at least one trip into that door to put the window back in place. Does anyone have a basic drawing / photo of the parts involved? Are there rebuild kits? Or is this a dealer deal?

Thanks.

Tim Wohlford '89 Golf '98 Jetta

Reply to
Tim Wohlford

You may be covered under an extended warranty. Try the delaer ASAP.

Reply to
Diarmud387

My friend, might I suggest a Chiltons repair manual. I have found that it can help you fix almost anything on your car, with descriptions and photos of everything you need to fix.

Reply to
Gill2003

for a VW I think a bentley manual is a better choice. Pricier but I think it's far more thorough. Not always 100% correct, but thorough and correct about 95% of the time I'd say.

Reply to
Matt B.

Maybe not but they still get the redesigned metal instead of plastic?

Reply to
Peter Parker

Not on a 98.

Reply to
Woodchuck

hmm... A manual made by bently? Never heard of it, whats with that?

Reply to
Gill2003

Not the same Bentley - the name is just a coincidence. Think Chilton's, but without the suckage.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

without the suckage.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Bwahaha, friends don't suggest Chiltons manuals. They really aren't good for much more than toilet paper or shop towels. If you insist on buying cheap crappy books at least get a Haynes, they actually look like they tried to gear the book toward a Volkswagen. However, if you are serious about fixing the car, you'll get a Bentley manual.

dan

Reply to
dan