windows dont work

I have a 1999 jetta and the windows stop working the dome light dont work. and the sunroof dont work either if anyone have any ideas please let me know will apreciate the help. Thanks

Reply to
cabecas

check fuses

Reply to
One out of many Daves

If you want to do your own work on your Jetta, get an edition of the Bentley service manual for your particular car. It should answer all of your questions.

Reply to
Papa

Actually, it won't answer squat, but if you know how to read a schematic reasonably well, you can figure lots of stuff out.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

The schematics are in the Bentley, along with many other related pieces of info that answers the OPs questions. Don't deny the usefulness of the Bentley manuals. They are unbeatable.

Reply to
Papa

But like I said, if you don't know how to read a schematic, they're not gonna help much. They're not full of flow diagrams that'll lead you by the hand to the right answer. You gotta work for it.

And sometimes they do lie. It's impossible for the diagrams to cover all the mid year changes VW does. But yes, I think they are essential for anyone wanting to do more than oil changes.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

Most automobile enthusiasts I know are able to read schematics (at least the ones in my age group), but we all grew up in an era where just about everything was "hands-on", so we had to be self reliant. Anyway, if someone can't even do that (read a schematic), then he/she should not be messing around with a car in the first place.

Reply to
Papa