Windows fogging up

I leased a 2004 Passat, and all the windows inside the car fogs up, I took the car in 3 times to see what the problem was and no solutions, i and very dissatisfied and feed up with this car, n

Reply to
sandria14

This is not a VW problem all makes and models seem to be having problems.

First thing is to make sure that it is not set to re-circulate. You want fresh air. Re-circulate only keeps the humid air in the car.

Second you want to turn on the A/C, (many cars turn this on any time it is set to defrost) as it will reduce the moisture in the car.

Third look for moisture in the car. The carpet, leaks etc. You want to take car of those as they make the problem worse.

Last is check your coolant level. If it is low, you may have a small leak in the heater core, you also may smell a "sweet" smell in the car anytime the heater is on. That means a repair.

Of course lots of people in the car, sitting close to the windows can also increase the problems.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Is there a button that causes recirculation of the air? Turn that off. And run the heater in defroster setting when the windows fog.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

How long is your usual drive in the car? I commute for around 35-45 mins each way, plus a couple hour+ drives per week and I hardly ever see foggy windows. My dad who drives pretty much the same car, only newer (A4 Golf) has fogged/iced up interior glass constantly, he only drives 5 mins to work everyday, and doesn't take his car on long trips.... The water in his car never really has a chance to evaporate out - it sits in the system (heating system), on the mats, ice builds up in front of the air intake etc etc etc.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Have your dealer check for water under the right side carpet! You may have a minor water leak.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Also (if it's not actually raining or snowing) crack a window just a bit. That'll help get the old damp air out of the car faster.

Reply to
Matt B.

Or a heater core leak (maybe small, but never minor), if you smell antifreeze.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

...or the drain from the evaporator, etc, might be plugged from junk or frozen.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

Reply to