Windshield Washer Reservoir

I need to replace my damaged windshield washer reservoir. It is way beyond repair. My car is a 1988 VW Rabbit Cabriolet Convertible.

I have seen many sources for such a reservoir, but every one of them have a flat rectangular mounting surface on the side of the reservoir that includes

2 button shaped protrusions that are apparently intended to be pushed into some kind of bracket that has 2 matching holes.

My old reservoir has a couple of indentations on the rear of the reservoir that allow the reservoir to simply slide down onto a matching metal bracket that is riveted to the body. Anyone know where I can get one like that?

Thanks.

Reply to
Papa

Try this:

See if it's the one you're looking for or the one that you already know about.

Reply to
John

Reading through your description again, I don't think the reservoir I appointed you to will work.

el=RAB-C-002&category=P&part=Washer%20Reservoir>

Reply to
John

Look very closely at the picture. It has the mounting surface you describe, but if you look real close at the bottom of the picture, you will see the protrusion that I believe fit your car. I believe the

2-button style fit a different model or year and they just combined them into one unit.
Reply to
jerritt