Wiring harness identification problem PLEASE HELP!!

Hi All, Ok, I've tracked down an electrical problem to a harness called the "motronic multiport fuel injection wiring harness." My question is; where the hell is it? It's not the big one above the distributor, is it? The car, by the way, is an A3 Jetta with an ABA engine. Thanks.

Tim

Reply to
Mr Jones

What's the problem? The harness covers a lot of ground in that car. It's from the ECU to inside the car along with just about everything on the engine's FI system.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I have a bad ground in the harness. When they refer the MFI harness, they're not talking about the entire wiring package of the car, are they? Usually when I'm dealing with wiring diagrams and they point to a ground location, the location is specific and not just "somewhere in the wiring". It usually points to the exact location. Any help?

Tim

Reply to
Mr Jones

Ground in them old harnesses can be a real PITA as VW never tells you where they are located. Also they are welded in that they have 4 or so wires welded together. We usually just replace the harness but I have fixed a few at owners request to try. Just check your ECU and located the grounds that go to the block and chassis and run new grounds spliced into the wires at the ECU and go directly to ground. Kinda a wire around the problem.

Reply to
Woodchuck