Wooden roof luggage rack for New Beetle

Does anyone know where I can source a retro/vintage wooden roof rack for a new Beetle?

thanks in advance, Marsh.

Reply to
geomorphmarsh

No clue other than the links below may give you a lead. But make sure that your state or registration authority if not in the US permits it and/or that it is DOT-registered. Many states do not permit non-DOT registered equipment to be permanently mounted on the exterior of a car. Just a thought.

Apart from that:

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Thanks Peter.

The first link is for a rack to a Type 1.

The second is a link to a custom rack by PIP, however I cannot find it or anything similar on the PIP site.

Marsh.

Reply to
geomorphmarsh

This one?

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Check out TVA Auto they have a whole section for the NB I don't know if they have one but they have alot of cool stuff. There website is

Mike Stafford
.

Peter, this looks like the one!

Many thanks, Marsh.

Reply to
geomorphmarsh

i have a wooden roof rack for a new beetle that i am trying to sell. i purchased it for my 2000 beetle that i had leased. it has been sitting in my patio for a few years and i am putting an ad on craigslist to try and sell it. it needs some TLC but i am sure that it could look great again!!!! i luved it when i had my vw!!! let me know if you are interested?...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

thanks, good luck, Shawn

Reply to
ssarqui

Shawn,

Can you email me with some details please?

Cheers, Marsh.

Reply to
geomorphmarsh