WTB Valve Shims

Many years ago there was a kit of valve shims to adjust the valve clearance on the solid lifter heads. It had a bunch of different thickness shims in it. I saw a used one on ebay about a year ago and I havnt seen the new ones anywhere . Parts place for all VWs used to sell one, but not for at least 5 years. Anyone know where to purchase one. New or used. Thanks snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net

Reply to
verndog

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

I have bought them separately to make a set.

Do you need any specific sizes? Or ranges of sizes? Purchasing a set might cost you $100-200 but will include 4-8 of each size.

Which VW watercooled stores did you check online? Mofoco.com? It might be best to call some of these stores since these shims have not been installed new since about 2 decades ago. My 83 Audi 4000S (83 GTi engine installed) still uses the shims, or I might sell you my set. ;-)

dave

I have a set and the tools too. I don't have any solid lifter VWs anymore. If you can't scrounge one up drop me an email (see .sig) as I don't check this group that often. I'm not real motivated to sell, 'cause I hope to have another old Scirocco someday, but if they really are NLA it might just be worth it...

BTW if you are using used shims it's a good practice to mic them before installing

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel