WTB: VW Door cards/panels

Hello,

Anyone know where to buy replacement door cards for a mid-80's Jetta/Golf? I need ones with power windows and power mirrors (ie no holes for a window crank, no holes for mirrors) and am having mucho trouble locating some. My car is 90%+ excellent original condition, and I want to restore it as such. Problem is, the door cards are wet at the bottom due to the plastic sheeting behind them being ripped. I can't find any material similar to the upholstery that's on there, perhaps someone can suggest a source? Everything at the junkyard is sub-par for my nice Jetta ride, or the wrong color :( Can someone please help me find a source for my >blue interior< door cards?

Thanks,

Tazunemono

Reply to
Devin Pantess

Have you tried vinyl dye? If you can find some door panels in good shape, regardless of color, you can probably dye them to match. Check out the pics on my web site of one of my (non-VW) projects, the interior in it is all NOS but I was unable to find door panels to match my (black and white) seats, I just bought NOS panels in whatever colors I could find (puke green, robin's egg blue, etc.) and dyed them with SEM brand vinyl dye (available from Eastwood) and you would never know unless I told you. Probably not a good approach for seats (although there is vinyl dye available for that, that you use in a spray gun) but the rattle cans work just fine for sunvisors, door panels, etc.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel