Xenon Headlight Aim, 2006 GTI MKV

I would like to re-aim the xenon headlights on my GTI. On low beams, the cutoff is nearly horizontal - no drop. I'm accustomed to euro- code lights, like Hella or Cibie that specify a 2" drop at 25' or similar. The GTI's lights are flat on lowbeam and seem to point upward into the trees on highbeam. So I'd like to adjust them downward. I have the Bentley CD and about all it says is to use a headlight aiming device. I also see that I need to plug into the CAN bus to "do something" with the auto-leveling function. However, there's a hex socket on each headlight assembly labeled "U" in one direction and "D" in the other. Seems obvious enough, but I don't want to mis-interpret U and D for up and down when it means something else in German. I also don't want to hose up the auto-leveling mechanism.

Any advice would be appreciated. Aiming headlights ought not require a computer!

Torky

Reply to
Torky