Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 44989 articles in 8584 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

Plywood Sheet As Bed Liner?

March 29, 2017, 8:06 pm

Just got a 2015 Silverado with a bare bed. I want *something* back there for when I load/haul abrasive items like cinder blocks so they don't gouge up the metal. I'm seeing five hundred bucks for ... Read more »

Axle Carrier Output Shaft coming out on 95 Chevy K2500

March 4, 2017, 6:12 am

1995 Chevy K2500 pickup truck with 4WD. A few days ago, the left CV joint broke. Because I have a broken arm, I took it to a service garage and they replaced that joint. The next day I heard a lo... Read more »

6 Cyl: Adequate ?

February 4, 2017, 5:19 pm

Full crew cab, 200# driver plus 500# load. Will a six-cylinder engine be adequate to merge into 70 mph freeway traffic? -- Pete Cresswell Read more »

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new dis...

December 15, 2016, 5:32 pm

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new distributor. Now the friggin check engine light is on and it says crank sensor which is not the direct problem, truck rins fi... Read more »

200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

June 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

Hey all, I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the... Read more »

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 20, 2015, 1:06 am

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , or what ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Happy New year Too !!! Doug Read more »

Whats the Spark Plug Gap - 1995 K-2500 / 350 eng.

December 4, 2015, 12:57 am

Whats the Spark Plug Gap for a 1995 K-2500 truch with a 350 engine? If it matters, it has throttle body, is a 4x4 with a manual tranny. Read more »

Electric Air Pump Motor A.I.R. Smog 12555164 is taking up too much room

October 8, 2015, 8:50 pm

My year 2000 Chevy Tahoe has a Electric Air Pump Motor to help re-introduce hydrocarbons from the exhaust manifold to the air injection system, to reduce emissions. This is a good thing, and all ca... Read more »

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

2002 Silverado No low beam follow up No ground to lowbeams rating: 5

Hello again So heres the deal (NO Ground to low beams) I went out with my multimeter in hand today and found that the headlights have no ground on the lowbeams now my most logical thought was ... Read more »

02 silverado front axle oil seal rating: 5

I had my truck up on the hoist the other day and noticed oil leaking from the passenger side axle shaft seal/differential . Before I open it up what should I get for replacement parts, just the seal?... Read more »

DIsabling security start on 95 blazer rating: 5

Our Blazer has some sort of security thing at startup.. the started won't engage unless you hit unlock on the key fob.. Anyone know if this can be disabled or something? Nothing in the manual about ... Read more »

unknown codes rating: 5

Hi anyone like to shed some light on what these codes are? U1026 Loss of Class 2 Communication with ATC U1041 Loss Of EBCM Communication. Truck is a '99 Silverado 4x4, 5.3l Codes were read with a Tec... Read more »

NEOTEK Rotors rating: 5

I just picked up some NEOTEK rotors from autozone today. They were one of the better brands they told me, at $38.00 a piece. I also got carbon metallic brake pads to with them. I hear many people tal... Read more »

Twin stick shifter for NP203? rating: 5

Age has definitely gotten the best of my factory shifter in my truck and I was wondering if anyone makes a twin stick shifter for a '79 GMC NP203? I've done some looking around and haven't been able ... Read more »

NP208 to NP205 swap... rating: 5

What are the differences in size between these two cases, assuming they both came out of a Chevy truck (not a F.O.R.D. or other version...)??? I'm just curious whether I'd need any adapters or a long... Read more »

'97 Chev. K3500 clutch master / slave clinders... rating: 5

As many folks already know, the clutch master / slave cylinders used in the '97 Chev. K3500 and presumably other related models are essentially a defective design. The normal failure mode is a failur... Read more »

95 K1500 z-71 starter problem rating: 5

Just put a new battery on due to the AC/Delco battery positive side mount came out of the battery and now the starter won't engage.......I can hear the solenoid clicking when I try to crank but the... Read more »

Paint Code Question rating: 5

I have a 1985 Chevy S-10 Blazer (original owner). I need to paint the front bumper filler (daughter decided to assist in the premature death of the bumper and filler). I have the build decal that is ... Read more »