Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 45014 articles in 8581 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

misfire

August 29, 2018, 3:20 pm

have a silverado 2500 with 6.0. it has a low rpm misfire. what can cause this. oreillys only said misfire when they ran a scan. Read more »

2015 Silverado: Seatbelt Alarm Coming Through Speakers?

November 10, 2017, 4:42 pm

Are those annoying 2-4 beeps that sound every time I start the vehicle coming through the sound system - or is it some separate sound emitter? If #2, can anybody ballpark the location? If I can ge... Read more »

SIMPLE QUESTIONS HERE.... W/ THE 01 & O3 ( 4.3 ENGINES )....

May 20, 2017, 4:00 am

GOT A CHANCE TO BUY A REALLY DIRT CHEAP 03 S 10 CREW CAB.... BUT THE MOTOR KNOCKS REALLY BAD so bad it cant be driven....... both have the 4.3 engines.... the 03 knocks badly & the 01 4.3 engi... Read more »

1992 s10 2.8l new injectors spraying gas when turn key

May 9, 2017, 12:17 am

My 1992 s10 2.8l v6 just got new injectors and installed them and now turn the key on gas sprays everywhere and can't start truck Read more »

Plywood Sheet As Bed Liner?

March 29, 2017, 8:06 pm

Just got a 2015 Silverado with a bare bed. I want *something* back there for when I load/haul abrasive items like cinder blocks so they don't gouge up the metal. I'm seeing five hundred bucks for ... Read more »

Axle Carrier Output Shaft coming out on 95 Chevy K2500

March 4, 2017, 6:12 am

1995 Chevy K2500 pickup truck with 4WD. A few days ago, the left CV joint broke. Because I have a broken arm, I took it to a service garage and they replaced that joint. The next day I heard a lo... Read more »

6 Cyl: Adequate ?

February 4, 2017, 5:19 pm

Full crew cab, 200# driver plus 500# load. Will a six-cylinder engine be adequate to merge into 70 mph freeway traffic? -- Pete Cresswell Read more »

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new dis...

December 15, 2016, 5:32 pm

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new distributor. Now the friggin check engine light is on and it says crank sensor which is not the direct problem, truck rins fi... Read more »

200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

June 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

Hey all, I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the... Read more »

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

Weird valve train noise problem - a riddle

rating: 5
  [ 2 ]

Truck: 1997 4x4 K1500 heavy chassis with 5.7L Vortec V8, 75000 miles I bought this truck new and for years told everyone how they should've bought a Chevy ...perfect all the time. In the last year ... Read more »

regasketing 454

rating: 5

Ok, still on my first pass through the 89 gmc 454/th400 i bought, 124K on it. Running real good now, next on my list is leaks. It's leaking oil, and from what I've been able to tell it looks like i... Read more »

changing coolant 97 K1500 350

rating: 5

I was going to replace my coolant today but I'm having trouble draining the radiator. There is a little white plug[?] with a tee type handle that I can't reach on or near the bottom of the radiator o... Read more »

stupid cassette player in 02 gmc sierra

rating: 5

I am installing new after market stereo equipment in my 02 GMC Sierra. I have the bucket seat option which gives my that little console that has a tape deck and CD storage holder option. I want t... Read more »

Removal of rear inner fender directly above tires (wheehouse) on a 1991 Che...

rating: 5

Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 1/2 ton pickup. It's not a step-side where the rear fenders are on the outside, but a regular bed with the fenders on the inside of the bed. I have a couple of ... Read more »

Extended cab window latch

rating: 5

Have a 97 chevy extended cab. The latch on the rear side window is broken so I picked up a replacement latch. ($37 at the dealer.) Lubricated the portion that slides over the pin on the 3rd door and ... Read more »

1999 Tahoe 5.7 vortec supercharger

rating: 5

I am looking to install a supercharger on my 99 Tahoe w/o 4x4 , 5.7 Vortec. Anyone with experience on this or with suggestions with what works and don't?.....any ideas on namebrands? Who has the bes... Read more »

'88 Chevy 1/2 ton, 305 stalls when stopped.

rating: 5
  [ 2 ]

I just purchased this truck and it starts and idles just fine, no roughness. But about 30 seconds after you start it, it just dies. It also does this at nearly every traffic light, twice at longe... Read more »

Suburban OEM Non-Bose Amplifier Location?

rating: 5

Where would I find the stock radio amplifier (non-bose 9 speaker system) in a 2001 2500, 8.1 liter suburban? I am trying to replace the stock cd/radio/tape with an aftermarket cd player. I appare... Read more »

1989 454 TBI will not start.

rating: 5

The truck had been running and idling rough. I replaced spark plugs, this did not help at all. I drove to gas station put in 15 gallons of gas. Started,set at rough idle for a few minutes while I was... Read more »