Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 45006 articles in 8580 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

2015 Silverado: Seatbelt Alarm Coming Through Speakers?

November 10, 2017, 4:42 pm

Are those annoying 2-4 beeps that sound every time I start the vehicle coming through the sound system - or is it some separate sound emitter? If #2, can anybody ballpark the location? If I can ge... Read more »

SIMPLE QUESTIONS HERE.... W/ THE 01 & O3 ( 4.3 ENGINES )....

May 20, 2017, 4:00 am

GOT A CHANCE TO BUY A REALLY DIRT CHEAP 03 S 10 CREW CAB.... BUT THE MOTOR KNOCKS REALLY BAD so bad it cant be driven....... both have the 4.3 engines.... the 03 knocks badly & the 01 4.3 engi... Read more »

1992 s10 2.8l new injectors spraying gas when turn key

May 9, 2017, 12:17 am

My 1992 s10 2.8l v6 just got new injectors and installed them and now turn the key on gas sprays everywhere and can't start truck Read more »

Plywood Sheet As Bed Liner?

March 29, 2017, 8:06 pm

Just got a 2015 Silverado with a bare bed. I want *something* back there for when I load/haul abrasive items like cinder blocks so they don't gouge up the metal. I'm seeing five hundred bucks for ... Read more »

Axle Carrier Output Shaft coming out on 95 Chevy K2500

March 4, 2017, 6:12 am

1995 Chevy K2500 pickup truck with 4WD. A few days ago, the left CV joint broke. Because I have a broken arm, I took it to a service garage and they replaced that joint. The next day I heard a lo... Read more »

6 Cyl: Adequate ?

February 4, 2017, 5:19 pm

Full crew cab, 200# driver plus 500# load. Will a six-cylinder engine be adequate to merge into 70 mph freeway traffic? -- Pete Cresswell Read more »

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new dis...

December 15, 2016, 5:32 pm

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new distributor. Now the friggin check engine light is on and it says crank sensor which is not the direct problem, truck rins fi... Read more »

200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

June 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

Hey all, I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the... Read more »

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 20, 2015, 1:06 am

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , or what ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Happy New year Too !!! Doug Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

Weird valve train noise problem - a riddle

rating: 5
  [ 2 ]

Truck: 1997 4x4 K1500 heavy chassis with 5.7L Vortec V8, 75000 miles I bought this truck new and for years told everyone how they should've bought a Chevy ...perfect all the time. In the last year ... Read more »

Roof Rack Rust Prevention?

rating: 5

Been shopping for a replacement for my '98 Burb (roof rusting through at a couple of rack mount points) and, after crossing Toyota's FJ Cruiser, Ford's Excursion, and the Sprinter Van off my list (I'... Read more »

'88 Chevy 1/2 ton, 305 stalls when stopped.

rating: 5
  [ 2 ]

I just purchased this truck and it starts and idles just fine, no roughness. But about 30 seconds after you start it, it just dies. It also does this at nearly every traffic light, twice at longe... Read more »

Suburban OEM Non-Bose Amplifier Location?

rating: 5

Where would I find the stock radio amplifier (non-bose 9 speaker system) in a 2001 2500, 8.1 liter suburban? I am trying to replace the stock cd/radio/tape with an aftermarket cd player. I appare... Read more »

What's it Worth - Air Compressor

rating: 5

Ran across a little Thomas compressor (12VDC). Model 315CDC56/12H Price seems pretty decent, but its over 13 years old and its been used. I've got a knockoff that looks similar behind the seat of ... Read more »

1988 Chevy V30 Production numbers

rating: 5

Reg cab, long box, dually. Was wondering if anyone knew how many of these trucks were made? Thanks. Read more »

valve tappet or piston slap noise?

rating: 5

I have a 97 suburb (60,000 miles on this engine) with the 5.7l vortec. When it starts up cold in the morning(approx. 20F.) I hear a very load tapping sound ... load enough to hear it a block away.... Read more »

Daytime Running Lights

rating: 5

Hello, I replaced one of the DRL's in my 2001 Suburban today with a standard 3157 bulb. I've seen several Chevy/GMC trucks on the road with one of these lights out. Since I've only owned my vehicle... Read more »

OBD-II Question

rating: 5

I am having problems with my '99 Suburban and have had problems with my '98 Toyota so I bought the Harbor Freight OBD scanner, item number 98614. It works with my Toyota, but not the Suburban. It is ... Read more »

dtc1345

rating: 5

I put a new distributor in tonight and the truck started fine, idled and showed decent throttle response. My manual tells me i've ionstalled the distributor a tooth off and to use procedure 2 Proced... Read more »