Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 45014 articles in 8586 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

2015 Silverado: Seatbelt Alarm Coming Through Speakers?

November 10, 2017, 4:42 pm

Are those annoying 2-4 beeps that sound every time I start the vehicle coming through the sound system - or is it some separate sound emitter? If #2, can anybody ballpark the location? If I can ge... Read more »

SIMPLE QUESTIONS HERE.... W/ THE 01 & O3 ( 4.3 ENGINES )....

May 20, 2017, 4:00 am

GOT A CHANCE TO BUY A REALLY DIRT CHEAP 03 S 10 CREW CAB.... BUT THE MOTOR KNOCKS REALLY BAD so bad it cant be driven....... both have the 4.3 engines.... the 03 knocks badly & the 01 4.3 engi... Read more »

1992 s10 2.8l new injectors spraying gas when turn key

May 9, 2017, 12:17 am

My 1992 s10 2.8l v6 just got new injectors and installed them and now turn the key on gas sprays everywhere and can't start truck Read more »

Plywood Sheet As Bed Liner?

March 29, 2017, 8:06 pm

Just got a 2015 Silverado with a bare bed. I want *something* back there for when I load/haul abrasive items like cinder blocks so they don't gouge up the metal. I'm seeing five hundred bucks for ... Read more »

Axle Carrier Output Shaft coming out on 95 Chevy K2500

March 4, 2017, 6:12 am

1995 Chevy K2500 pickup truck with 4WD. A few days ago, the left CV joint broke. Because I have a broken arm, I took it to a service garage and they replaced that joint. The next day I heard a lo... Read more »

6 Cyl: Adequate ?

February 4, 2017, 5:19 pm

Full crew cab, 200# driver plus 500# load. Will a six-cylinder engine be adequate to merge into 70 mph freeway traffic? -- Pete Cresswell Read more »

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new dis...

December 15, 2016, 5:32 pm

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new distributor. Now the friggin check engine light is on and it says crank sensor which is not the direct problem, truck rins fi... Read more »

200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

June 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

Hey all, I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the... Read more »

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 20, 2015, 1:06 am

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , or what ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Happy New year Too !!! Doug Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

1980 K20 smog

rating: 5

I have a chance to buy a 1980 K20 pickup from the original owner. A slide underneath - A CAT?? Under the hood - AIR PUMP? EGR?? CHARCOAL CA?NISTER?? The sticker shows all that garbage has to be ther... Read more »

98 chevy s10 blazer acceleration is sluggish. PLEASE ADVISE

rating: 5

I have a 98 chevy s10 blazer with about 85,000 miles on it. It is the 4.3L vortec. I have noticed some sluggish acceleration currently with my truck. I know that this care has a recall with the fu... Read more »

Roof Rack Rust Prevention?

rating: 5

Been shopping for a replacement for my '98 Burb (roof rusting through at a couple of rack mount points) and, after crossing Toyota's FJ Cruiser, Ford's Excursion, and the Sprinter Van off my list (I'... Read more »

S10 Pickup 3rd Door

rating: 5

I've got a 97 4X4 S10 ZR2 PU with drivers-side 3rd door. It rattles and is quite annoying. After looking at it, and giving the latches at the top and bottom of the door a shot of DW40, it appears... Read more »

Suburban OEM Non-Bose Amplifier Location?

rating: 5

Where would I find the stock radio amplifier (non-bose 9 speaker system) in a 2001 2500, 8.1 liter suburban? I am trying to replace the stock cd/radio/tape with an aftermarket cd player. I appare... Read more »

1988 Chevy V30 Production numbers

rating: 5

Reg cab, long box, dually. Was wondering if anyone knew how many of these trucks were made? Thanks. Read more »

Thermostats

rating: 5

Can anyone recommend a Good Thermostat mfg? Heres the deal, I have a 195 Stant that is running cool, 190. So I got a One of those fail safe thermostats. The fail safe one bounces between 185 and 21... Read more »

OBD-II Question

rating: 5

I am having problems with my '99 Suburban and have had problems with my '98 Toyota so I bought the Harbor Freight OBD scanner, item number 98614. It works with my Toyota, but not the Suburban. It is ... Read more »

'99 Chevy Suburban torque converter lockup problem

rating: 5

1999 Chevy Suburban 1500 w/ 5.7L 83K miles The torque converter appears to be doing odd things! There are times the truck shutters and stumbles from a stop and shutters and stumbles, almost as if p... Read more »

Finding Code B2956

rating: 5

Hey Guys and Gals, I know this isn't a truck, but I am trying to find info on this code or any other info.. We are trying to get some bugs out of my sisters '97 malibu, we took it to a guy here in to... Read more »