Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 44978 articles in 8585 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new dis...

December 15, 2016, 5:32 pm

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new distributor. Now the friggin check engine light is on and it says crank sensor which is not the direct problem, truck rins fi... Read more »

200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

June 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

Hey all, I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the... Read more »

2000 silverado helper springs

January 27, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey all (if there's anyone here anymore). I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 and I wanted to put an add a leaf or some sort of helper springs so when I load with 1000+ lbs it doesn't sag and ban g ... Read more »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 20, 2015, 1:06 am

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , or what ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Happy New year Too !!! Doug Read more »

Whats the Spark Plug Gap - 1995 K-2500 / 350 eng.

December 4, 2015, 12:57 am

Whats the Spark Plug Gap for a 1995 K-2500 truch with a 350 engine? If it matters, it has throttle body, is a 4x4 with a manual tranny. Read more »

Electric Air Pump Motor A.I.R. Smog 12555164 is taking up too much room

October 8, 2015, 8:50 pm

My year 2000 Chevy Tahoe has a Electric Air Pump Motor to help re-introduce hydrocarbons from the exhaust manifold to the air injection system, to reduce emissions. This is a good thing, and all ca... Read more »

2000 silverado tow question

August 11, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hi All, I have a 2000 silverado Z71 extended cab with 85k miles. I am going to tow a friend of mines toy hauler this weekend. It weighs roughly 4700lbs. I have towed more than this before but... Read more »

Does anyone offer a 6" suspension lift kit for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer?

August 11, 2015, 12:33 am

Looking for a 6 suspension lift for a 1989 S-10 4WD Blazer! Read more »

1989 chevy k5 TBI lopey idle one side seems to be a good spray of fuel, o

August 9, 2015, 12:23 pm

Chevy 1989 5.7 TBI lopey idle , one side seems to have a good spray of fuel while running and the lopey idle will clear up and idle normal. Read more »

specs for torque on a 4l60e transmission pan bolt for 1999 firebird

August 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Need torque specs on a 4160e transmisson pan bolt for 1999 firebird Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

Why dual filament bulbs on Silverado DRL's rating: 5

I have been discussing this topic in another thread and there seems to be some confusion. Why is a dual filament bulb used on the daytime running lights on the chevy full-size vehicles? I have veri... Read more »

2001s10 blazer 4x4 won;t engage. rating: 5

my 2001 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 will not engage. I push 4 hi or auto4wd it flashes for about 30 secs or so and then turns off and goes back to 2 hi, and when I push 4 lo it flashes and I fill and hear a... Read more »

clicking in front end. rating: 5

HI guys, 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3. got a question, I've noticed that when I'm driving slow (under 10mph) and or coming to a stop and get under 10-15 mph there is a clicking sound coming from th... Read more »

'95 Chevy 350 TBI rebuild woes rating: 5

I had to walk away because sometimes it's better to walk than to use a hammer. So first, the history. '95 Chevy Suburban with a 350 (5.7L) TBI seized when the oil cooler lines separated from the rad... Read more »

95 K1500 z-71 starter problem rating: 5

Just put a new battery on due to the AC/Delco battery positive side mount came out of the battery and now the starter won't engage.......I can hear the solenoid clicking when I try to crank but the... Read more »

TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge rating: 5

I live in area that I would need to order the exact parts needed to check the fuel pressure. I understand you adjust the pressure at the TBI itself. but do you cut the fuel line and install a gauge a... Read more »

ABS pump going out?? rating: 5

Can some one tell me what the symptoms of an ABS pump going out are? My 95' k2500 is acting up. Sometimes when I'm at a slow speed like 10-20 mph and I apply the brake, I hear the pump and feel it in... Read more »

Increase line pressure on 4L80E? rating: 5

'95 K2500 6.5 TD 140,000 miles There are several companies that sell computer chips to enhance performance. One of the features that is advertised is increasing line pressure for the 4L80E to reduce ... Read more »

Sulfur Smell coming from exhaust. rating: 5

87 Chevy 350 EFI. Been noticing a strong sulur smell coming from the exhaust. Any ideas what could be causing this? Read more »

Rear Rotors for a 2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 rating: 5

OK, I have a 2003 2500HD 4x4 regular cab pickup and I'm thinking about getting new rotors all the way around before winter. I have the 6.0L gas engine if that helps. The thing that's got me stumped ... Read more »