Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - Main Page

Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks - GM's off-road trucks. Mostly Chevrolet but other GM models are also discussed here. This forums is a Web, Mobile and Social Media interface to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.
There are 45018 articles in 8581 discussions. See the most recent and the best rated articles in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucks

The most recent discussions

1994 k1500 5.7 CA smog legal upgrades?

June 19, 2019, 4:59 pm

I live in southern California I just bought a 1994 Silverado Z71 4x4 with the 5.7 with only 120k miles on the odometer and I'm wondering what power upgrades I can add without failing California smog?... Read more »

misfire

August 29, 2018, 3:20 pm

have a silverado 2500 with 6.0. it has a low rpm misfire. what can cause this. oreillys only said misfire when they ran a scan. Read more »

2015 Silverado: Seatbelt Alarm Coming Through Speakers?

November 10, 2017, 4:42 pm

Are those annoying 2-4 beeps that sound every time I start the vehicle coming through the sound system - or is it some separate sound emitter? If #2, can anybody ballpark the location? If I can ge... Read more »

SIMPLE QUESTIONS HERE.... W/ THE 01 & O3 ( 4.3 ENGINES )....

May 20, 2017, 4:00 am

GOT A CHANCE TO BUY A REALLY DIRT CHEAP 03 S 10 CREW CAB.... BUT THE MOTOR KNOCKS REALLY BAD so bad it cant be driven....... both have the 4.3 engines.... the 03 knocks badly & the 01 4.3 engi... Read more »

1992 s10 2.8l new injectors spraying gas when turn key

May 9, 2017, 12:17 am

My 1992 s10 2.8l v6 just got new injectors and installed them and now turn the key on gas sprays everywhere and can't start truck Read more »

Plywood Sheet As Bed Liner?

March 29, 2017, 8:06 pm

Just got a 2015 Silverado with a bare bed. I want *something* back there for when I load/haul abrasive items like cinder blocks so they don't gouge up the metal. I'm seeing five hundred bucks for ... Read more »

Axle Carrier Output Shaft coming out on 95 Chevy K2500

March 4, 2017, 6:12 am

1995 Chevy K2500 pickup truck with 4WD. A few days ago, the left CV joint broke. Because I have a broken arm, I took it to a service garage and they replaced that joint. The next day I heard a lo... Read more »

6 Cyl: Adequate ?

February 4, 2017, 5:19 pm

Full crew cab, 200# driver plus 500# load. Will a six-cylinder engine be adequate to merge into 70 mph freeway traffic? -- Pete Cresswell Read more »

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new dis...

December 15, 2016, 5:32 pm

so I replaced the crankshaft sensor, the timing chain, and put in a new distributor. Now the friggin check engine light is on and it says crank sensor which is not the direct problem, truck rins fi... Read more »

200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

June 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

Hey all, I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the... Read more »

Click here for other recent discussions »

The best rated discussions

Removal of rear inner fender directly above tires (wheehouse) on a 1991 Che...

rating: 5

Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 1/2 ton pickup. It's not a step-side where the rear fenders are on the outside, but a regular bed with the fenders on the inside of the bed. I have a couple of ... Read more »

? on mechanic's charge.

rating: 5

Why should a mechanic charge you $40 to diagnose a problem when you told them exactly what was wrong, and they simply verify that you were right seems silly to me. Read more »

1999 Tahoe 5.7 vortec supercharger

rating: 5

I am looking to install a supercharger on my 99 Tahoe w/o 4x4 , 5.7 Vortec. Anyone with experience on this or with suggestions with what works and don't?.....any ideas on namebrands? Who has the bes... Read more »

89 Blazer Full Size cranks, but won't start

rating: 5

89 Full Size Blazer, TBI 5.7L On first atempt when cold, acts like it wants to start, but then stalls. Every attempt after that all it does is turn over and over but never fires. -Plenty of gas, fuse... Read more »

GM Truck Self Adjusting Parking Brake

rating: 5

Sorry if the cross posting offends anyone - but I wanted the same info to go out to both groups. I've seen this general topic discussed in both groups in the past. I have an 02 Chevy Suburban half t... Read more »

1994 GMC Jimmy Hard time starting.

rating: 5

Has anyone had this problem hard time to start but when it starts runs with a rough idle , exhaust smells like sulfur. brought it to the garage says it is my fuel injection ,cost about $900.00 to f... Read more »

1998 K1500 - Front End Clunking Noise

rating: 5

I have a 1998 K1500 with about 150k miles on it. It is making a loud clunking noise when I turn to the right and will especially make a loud noise if the sttering wheel is truned to the right and ... Read more »

Rant: Spare tire hoist and secondary latch..

rating: 5

Well, I had my first experience with changing the spare on my '04 Avalanche while out hunting the other day. Muddy and snowy oil lease road, about 60 miles off the main highway. Front tire sidewall... Read more »

PCV Valve on 2002 8.1L

rating: 5

This may sound crazy, but is there a PCV valve on a 2002 8.1L and if so, where is it located? The parts stores aren't showing a part number for it. Thanks Read more »

01 2500hd Torsion Bars

rating: 5

My truck has a 8' plow on it, the torsion bars were never adjusted to accomodate the extra weight. Should the bars be adjusted and left alone or should they be readjusted during the warm season to ... Read more »