Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Re: ’95_Stumbles_and_Misses
I have since Check Engine tested it, it came up as "Lean Exhaust" or something like that, said to check the ECM and the O2 Sensor. I replaced the PVC valve and ran a bottle of fuel treatment to clean...

1988 4X4 Front differential
Hi.. I have a 1988 4X4 1500, 350 throttle body engine. auto, shortbed (stepside). The front differential casing is cracked. It has a 342 gear. I have a replacement but would like suggestions on...
8
8

1997 3/4 Surburban
Can the original 2 1/2 " brake shoes be upgraded to the 3 1/2" along with new drums?
4
4

95 Blazer 4x4 Blower motor
Hi folks! I have a 1995 Blazer 4x4 with the Vortec, and AC, and I think my blower motor is going out. I have replaced the switch, and it is working for now, but I have a feeling the motor is what...
4
4

SES Light on GMC Sierra 1500
Went to have safety inspection on my truck done and was told it would not pass do to the service-engine-soon light being on. Took the vehicle to a gmc dealer and was told that the cat. converter...

700r4 w/ shift kit
Two years ago, I had a shift kit installed to extend the life on my 89 k5 when the shift to second was delayed way too long. With 350,000 miles, it was no surprise, but lack of money for a new tranny...
3
3

Does anyone local to Buffalo,NY Have a good 700r4 for a decent price?
Hey guys just blew the tranny in my 1989 chevy 4x4. And of course I'm broke so any help locating a good deal on one local to Buffalo,NY would be greatly appreciated. It would be great if it was...
2
2

82 k10 chargin issues
hey i have an 82 k10 pickup with a little problem i recently put a new tranny in it and ever sence the truck will die a little bit after running it then i have to charge the batteries to start it...
2
2

Cat Replacement
Hey Doc (or anyone with knowledge of this) I need to reaplce the cats on my truck (99 Silvy 5.3l) and have heard from a few sources that there is an issue with using aftermarket "hi flo" cats on some...
18
18

I have some 99-05 Parts for SALE
I have the following parts for sale, I can provide pictures upon request. I have a Transfer case control module for an NP8 transfer case (4 button dash switch) guaranteed to work..$250.00 I also have...

Feeling stupid for not checking the little things... Steering issue solved
I just wanted to share my stupidity with all of you. I've been trying to diagnose a steering issue on my 95 Jimmy for quite some time. I checked all the usual suspects on the front end and was about...
1
1

700r4
does any one know how to make this trans not shift down to 3rd when u would floor it? can;t never use 4bbl at high speed.i have a 1983 chev wiht 3.73 rear gear, 355 ci,
4
4

95 chevy k2500 4x4
We had a lot of snow last night and there was no way I was getting out of my drive with my car so I figured I would take the truck. There was probably about 17 inches of snow in the drive so I put the...
4
4

Diff question
I have an 81 chev 3/4 ton 4x4. It has a 14 bolt rear diff and 10 bolt front. I want the front to be 14 bolt as well... can it be done ?.. did this truck have a 14 bolt front diff ?.. I also was told...
30
30

4l80e problem
I was told my 3500 cube van 1998 350 vortec with 4l80E tranny was fuc*** as it wouldn't engage 3rd or 4th gear. SO I buy a used one that I know worked before I installed it and guess what.. Same...
4
4