Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

hard starting when cold
My 84 GMC cranks a long time before it starts. I changed the fuel filter in the carb, did a tune up, but that didn't help. It has the 350 "m" motor. Any help would be appreciated.

Just how rustproof are Chevy trucks
Are Chevy trucks using body panels that are galvanized, for better rust protection? Or do they just start rusting through once cracks or dents appear on the paint? Any idea? thanks
13
13

2000 Jimmy pinging/rattling/scraping noise
I took my 2000 Jimmy to my mechanic as it was making a strange scraping noise, sometimes it resembles a slight "ping". It mainly made this noise after being fully warmed up. At first, it only made the...

Garage floor Mat
I am in need of a large mat to catch the snow sludge under my truck . Would any of you know of or be able to recommend or have any idea of a good one that would do this well TIA
1
1

Inverter Use: Effect On Electronics?
I'm thinking of getting a 100 or 200w inverter for my k1500. Are there any cautions on use? Ignition off/Engine off, engine on... Ignition on/engine off... Can I toast the alternator and/or damage the...
3
3

Loose Door Latch
Ok, not surprisingly when I got my 89 pickup last year the drivers side door was loose. It was sagging so in went some new pins w/ bushings, sag gone. Next went to replace the striker bolt since it...
7
7

Looking for 1996 GMC driver's side grey interior door panel.
Hi, I'm looking for a 1996 GMC driver's side grey interior door panel. portehommeatmsndotcom
3
3

GMC - What does that mean?
We had a brief discussion about GMC trucks at the local watering hole today. A certain individual was convinced that GMC stood for General Motors Canada and that all GMC vehicles were made there. I...
12
12

A lurker with an answer, ...but first the question
This question has probably been answered by now, but about a year ago someone asked if there was a way to play the radio in a 2002 chevy extended cab with all the doors open & without the door dinger...
6
6

Rear pinion seal
Hey Guys I am looking to replace the rear pinion seal on my 98 Silverado but have never done so. The Haynes manual I have is a little vague on the seal replacement. I was told by a friend that I need...
11
11

2003 Grand Vitara Power Lock
Anybody heard of a vehicle that will automatically lock itself after about twenty seconds. Nice feature except when you leave your keys inside. What might be causing this problem. I lubed everything...
2
2

How to fix my broken mirror cover
I was backing out of the garage the other day, you know like in a hurry! and well .. I clipped my mirror!! And so they want $200 for a new one. It seemed a bit expensive to me so I wanted to find out...
1
1

93 chevy 350 no fuel pump power coming out of ecm to relay
working on a 93 chevy pu 350 i dont get the power out of the ecm when key is turned on ot turned to start i went to the back of the ecm and when i put power to the wire the relay kicks in and so does...
14
14

Duramax van mileage
I am looking at buying a Chev 3500 2wd van with a Duramax diesel in it for my business. I will be hauling about a 1500 lb load and towing a V nose tandem axle cargo trailer with trailer and cargo...
6
6

Attempted theft of 1986 C10…Result…damaged steering column
Posted this question earlier in but got no response. Thought I would try here, as it appears to have more readers. Well it happened...Some neighborhood lackey learned how easy it was to crack open the...