Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

84 chevy won't start
recently bought an old 84 4x4 pickup. ignition key can turn it off but it was outfitted with one of those 'push button' switches to the starter to run it. i had it running to get it to my yard now it...
1
1

93 Chevy Silverado stalling
I have a 93 Chevy Silverado with a 350 engine. A couple of weeks ago, it stalled, but started right back up. A week after that it stalled after I backed up, and put it in drive. This time it didn't...
4
4

Any truck finishes that are especially rust resistant?
If I buy a new truck, I am planning on keeping it outside (garage space too important to waste on a vehicle). So, rust protection is very important to me. Is there some truck finish that is especially...

Carpet - Silverado
Would like to hear any experiences on replacing carpet in your truck. Thanks

Difference between 2500HD and 3500?
What is the difference between these two similarly equipped models? Just suspension? i
4
4

trans temp switch
Hi all please can someone tell me where on my 1988 R20 suburban the trans temp switch is? I have looked all over and cant find it, the box is a th400 and the engine is 454CI thanks xxxxxl p.s. i...

PING STEVE: Kleen Screen
Hey steve.. I finally got the EGR valve off the Blazer... what a PITA! Had to take off the Air warmer/filter assembly and use a LONG skinny 1/4" socket extension from the fan to reach the bolts......
5
5

'96 Yukon 4L60E
I have a '96 Yukon with a 4L60E with 240,000 miles. I am not the original owner so I don't know if the transmission is original or rebuilt. I have owned it for 75,000 miles so the transmission has at...
20
20

Silverado vs Chevrolet pickups (3500 series)
I am contemplating purchase of a new diesel pickup. Definitely am NOT considering buying a Chrysler product. My wife is prodding me in this direction, and I have a couple of questions. 1. What is the...
27
27

1988 GMC TRUCK
Im tring to wire a brake control on my truck. What color wire on the brake switch do I use for the controler wire. Please help

Maybe a stupid question... Ring gear sizes...
I was just sitting in a very boring training class here at work, and my mind started wondering. I was thinking about the 292ci motor and how its longer stroke helps increase the torque at lower RPMs....
2
2

1998 chevy van 350 engine
I have a c1500 chevy van that misses at idle. Had a check engine lite and I replaced the following items. Both O2 sensors, distributor, dist cap, wires , plugs, rotor,and maf sensor. The check engine...
3
3

VAPOR LOCK PROBLEM.
I own a 1981 26 foot Winnebago motor home. This unit is built on a Chevrolet P30 workhorse chassis with a 454 cu in engine. I develop a vapor lock condition on long grades (4% to 6%). I also have a...
3
3

inside wear on tires
2005 Chev Colorado 4X4 new tires December 2006 now to the ? I have noticed inside wear on the front tires only I asked to confirm whether it was a camber issue. I was told it was a common wear when...
6
6

4x4 gas mileage question
If you have a 4x4 but do not have it locked in. Would you get the same mileage on that truck if it was 2x2 only? Would a 4x4 not locked in truck get the same gas mileage as a 2x2 only truck. explain...
22
22