Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

89 Blazer Full Size cranks, but won't start
89 Full Size Blazer, TBI 5.7L On first atempt when cold, acts like it wants to start, but then stalls. Every attempt after that all it does is turn over and over but never fires. -Plenty of gas, fuses...
1
1

Scanner Recommendation
Ok, the HF scanner works on my 98 Toyota and the church's 03 chevy van, but not my 99 Suburban. I am looking at either the Equus 3130 or the Actron CP9185. Any recommendations about these scanners?...
3
3

2002 Tahoe ABS light
2002 Tahoe, 5.3, 2wd ABS light came on for no particular reason. Brake fluid full. No ABS shudder or motor noise. Any way to shut it off to see it it is an ABS issue? Can I scan it using my generic...
8
8

OBD-II Question
I am having problems with my '99 Suburban and have had problems with my '98 Toyota so I bought the Harbor Freight OBD scanner, item number 98614. It works with my Toyota, but not the Suburban. It is...
1
1

98 S10 4X4 ISSUE
Occasionally the truck goes into 4 LO by itself when started. Was previously left in 2 HI. Any ideas? Became a serious issue when unaware person drove in 4 LO at highway speed for long distance.
8
8

2006 'Burb: Remove Center Console?
I'm shopping for a replacement for my '98 (roof rusting through at rack attachment points). But I don't want a center console taking up my knee room. Is there any reason why I can't yank the thing out...
2
2

Stupid foot thing
Now and then I drive a Chevy Tahoe, and my right boot constantly kicks the hood release lever as I exit the vehicle. Now and then a boot lace will get caught on the lever. Golly, what a stupid design....
8
8

Q: how to fasten lock servo in 90s C/K?
About three months ago, the front driver side lock servo came loose in my 99 2 door (OBS) Tahoe. The servo was riveted in and clearly lasted 10 years. So I drilled out the old rivets (didn't pay...
4
4

4 pseed chevy bell housing
I need a bell housing to between a 5 cyl chevy engine to an old old 4 speed tranny. I can post pictures if needed. If you have one reply here and I will get you my email

Cant get fuel from tank
91 GMC pickup with 350 engine, fuel injected throttle body. I replaced the fuel pump with a used one, then another used one, and finally bought a new one. They all do the same thing. It runs fine for...
6
6

NWCE did it again, now a car/boat battery with 2X to 3X Energy
What they are doing is converting your existing battery into a higher Energy battery, the problem is I am far away from their state, so Mail order is the only choice, I hate to have them ship heavy...
2
2

Ignition lock on 88 S-10 Blazer
Need some suggestions here.I lost my keys and I know I have to remove the steering wheel.I've changed locks on cars before,so there's no problem there.But I've always had the key to turn the switch to...
6
6

wanted 1989-90 chevrolet crew cab 4x4
wanted 1989-90 chevrolet crew cab 4x4 if anyone happens to know where i can find one please contact me by leaving a message or e-mail me at impact0337**********m

Suburban Cooling System Question
I recently had my GMC 97 Suburban cooling system flushed at the dealer. They also replaced the radiator cap as part of that and since the flush, my burp tank isn't working. I'm thinking it may be the...
5
5

2005 Blazer as towed vehicle?
My brother liked the way my 1995 Jimmy looked and handled. He thought it would be be a good style of vehicle to tow behind his motorhome. He ended up buying a 4WD 2005 Blazer, but then found out it...
4
4