Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

need help replacing spark plugs
I am trying to replace the spark plugs in my 2003 gmc sierra 1500 5.3L 4wd. I have got all but two done with. One giving me trouble is on the passenger side, nearest to the firewall. The other one is...
3
3

Code Reader Recommendations?
I have a 99 Suburban that is giving me problems, along with a Toyota (pre-drive-by-wire) in the fuel/ignition systems. The Toyota is quiet now, but looking toward the future and to diagnose the GMC...
3
3

Snap-On has plenty of free online training
Where can I find this free Snap-On training? The only training at Snap-On that I see is provided by trade schools or junior colleges certified by Snap-On. I'm retired and still want to learn more,...
2
2

Roof Rack Rust Prevention?
Been shopping for a replacement for my '98 Burb (roof rusting through at a couple of rack mount points) and, after crossing Toyota's FJ Cruiser, Ford's Excursion, and the Sprinter Van off my list (I'm...
2
2

1996 gmc abs can't bleed
Hey, anyone know if snap on MODIS is supposed to be able to activate the ABS pump on 1996 Kelsey brakes? 1996 GMC 1/2 ton 4X4 Pickup. I read to use "tech I" tool. Also read "any decent scan tool"......
9
9

O2 Sensors - Silverado
I have a '99 (new model) Chevy Silverado 4x4 2500 extended cab w/6.0 engine. Currently it is intermittently throwing Bank 2 Sensor 2 codes (three different ones - PO160, 161 and another) every once in...
1
1

'98 Sierra Cargo/Brake Light
Anyone have a good technique for getting these out? Thanks, Ken
1
1

1995 Suburban vent control only blows at feet
A few weeks ago my vent only blows at the feet position. You can change the vent control to other positions but the air still blows at the feet. Usually the default fail position is the defrost mode,...
1
1

2007+ Suburban: Air Dam/Center Console Readily Removable?
Ergonomically-challenged driver shopping for a replacement for his 1998 'burb whose roof is rusting through. I need for the center console (the part just under the radio, not the bin further back) to...
5
5

95 blazer - Oil lines from filter to radiator
4x4 v-6... has 2 oil lines going from oil filter to radiator.. Rubber hoses with metal ends that thread into radiator.. Both rotate, which is scary.. Are the metal ends actually supposed to rotate on...
5
5

transmission question
1997 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 4l60e running perfect making merge on freeway got to 50mph lost accelleration engine running fine, but feels like there is no transmission coasted to side. checked fluid, fine,...
4
4

Failed Rear End: Getting Home?
I'm thinking one of the prime candidates for my next failure (98 'burb, 180+k) is the rear end. The story I get is that they don't give much warning: maybe a little tire chirping on the turns and then...
4
4

Another Silverado shock question 2000
Hey all, I have a 2k Silverado (extended cab, 5.3l, short box, z71) with 75k on the clock and the truck is getting really bouncy. I assume I need new shocks. From what I was told, Billstein came on...
4
4

Torque converter question
Broke the flexplate on my 97 K1500 4L60e trans have a 375HP 383e stroker installed 25k miles ago do a LOT of towing, almost exclusively used to tow with. while the trans is out, replaced the trans...
3
3

Hosing Undercarriage ==> Warped Rotor?
Somebody called BS on me after I volunteered that I had warped a rotor by hosing the undercarriage while the brakes were still hot (coming back from a day of surfing...). I based my assertion on...
1
1