Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Truck broken into Tonight
Someone tried to steal my truck tonight. Broke or punched in the passenger side door lock and mutilated the ignition key assembly. I will have to get it toed to the garage tomorrow as it wont even...
7
7

2001 rear end noise
I have a 2001 chevy Z71 1500, I hear a clunking noise when I accelerate from a stop, also when I pull my race trailer it feels rather odd in that there is a slipping feeling for a brief moment almost...
1
1

98 Blazer-Will not go into 4 Wheel Low
I have a 98 Blazer with the electronic 4 wheel drive selector. When I select 4hi, it switches with no problem. When I select 4low, the light flashes for about 20 seconds and then goes out. I assume...
6
6

454 heads 93 truck, 96 motor
trying to find out if a 96 tanawanda (multi-port intake) has the same intake bolt pattern as a 93 tanawanda (tbi intake) blew 93 motor up but i can get a real good deal on a 96 motor. need to keep tbi...

IFS Conversion kit
I recently installed a 6' lift kit on my 98 GMC Z71 and am now wondering if I should just cut my losses and go to an ORU conversion kit and install a solid front axle. I don't seem to be able to find...
4
4

ZR2 opinions needed
thinking of getting a 1999-2002 ZR2. are these fairly reliable & is there something special i should be checking for when i look at some? thanks......
1
1

Oil lines/filter adapter
I just bought a 1990 Jimmy fullsize 4x4 with a 350 fuel injected motor. Lookng at the oil filter, there is a spacer between the filter and the block that has 2 oil cooler lines coming off of it. The...
2
2

key stuck in ignition and gear selector wont move. 92 s-10
1992 s-10 4.3 auto air tilt wheel Hey all heres a wierd one. The gear selector is stuck in park and the ign key wont come out of the lock. At first I thought it may be something in the linkage because...
12
12

clicking in front end.
HI guys, 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3. got a question, I've noticed that when I'm driving slow (under 10mph) and or coming to a stop and get under 10-15 mph there is a clicking sound coming from the...
4
4

Need help with window regulator removal!!!!!!!
Hello, I have succesfully removed the door trim panel and the water guard on my 1997 Blazer 4x4. I have drilled out the rivets that were holding the windows regulator and the motor. However, I cannot...
2
2

need advice on suspension lift.
Hi, I'm looking at installing a 2" suspension lift to my 90 k1500. Looking at the block and torsion bar indexing key type kit. Being that I've never touched a torsion bar setup before, I'm just a bit...
1
1

2001 4x4 2500 6L
I'm still getting 9.6 miles to the gallon around the clock. I was stold that I should be getting between 11-15. 1.Replaced plugs and wires with factory parts. 2.Put in a new air filter 3.Changed oil...
6
6

Transfer output shaft seal leak
Our 1992 4X4 2500 has a leaky seal on the transfer output shaft (according to the dealer). We're currently in Seattle but are heading back to Detroit (where I can get the work done cheaper) pulling a...
3
3

91 chevy
If the fuel pump is not putting out enough pressure does the fuel pressure switch stop the motor from getting fire?
1
1

99 Sierra Front Shock
I noticed that my right front shock(OEM, 106k miles) is coated with some kind of light oil, looks like it might be hydraulic fluid. If the shock is in fact blown out, how hard is it to change out on...
1
1