Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'98 'Burb 180k: What Lies Ahead
Been flipping back-and-forth like a ball between two bumpers in a pinball machine: keep this thing and try for 250k or move on. Having finally gotten all the bugs out, the thought of trashing it...
2
2

Suburban Rack Attachment Points Rusting: Options?
The body metal is rusting through around two of the roof rack attachment points on the driver's side. I'm thinking that taking it to a body shop and having the rusted areas cut out and fixed properly...
1
1

Newer Suburbans: Remove Air Dam?
I'm shopping, but it seems like the newer Suburbans have an air dam hanging down in front that I estimate would soon be damaged by my intended use. Can that thing be easily removed without unduly...
1
1

5.7 Loses Power, Does Not Throw Code?
'98 'burb K1500, 5.7 Vortec, 185k miles. After driving about 30 miles at 60-65, was coming off an on-ramp pedal-to-the-metal in "high" range on the trannie, and found myself doing 38 mph with the...
5
5

Cheyenne Torque Converter Clutch & 2-3 Shift Solenoid fault
1995 Cheyenne 2500 has two fault codes which relate directly to loosing third and four gears after stopping for short time and truck seems to coast forever, little or no compression to slow the...

P0101 Error Code
I have a 99 K1500 suburban that has been giving me lots of trouble. I have replaced the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, a catalytic converter, and rear oxygen sensors. Now I have a P0101...
2
2

Radiator Question
1995 Chevy Silverado Z71 4X4 Extended Cab 305 Automatic with AC I have a small leak that seems to be coming from the bottom of the radiator and runs out and drips on to the ground on the drivers...
7
7

Steering box replacement
How much will it cost to have a steering box replaced in my 85 Chevy S10....... approx. New York City How many hours labor should this job take? I had some front end work done but the Firestone...
1
1

Ping Steve (remote entry)
We got the remotes and my book doesn't show a panel for the remote (or any other) relay under the dash.. (95 blazer) Is it the section between the parking brake and the steering column with 4 bolts, 2...
1
1

Infinity QX4 wheels on a sierra?
will wheels from a 98 QX4 fit on a 1998 Sierra Z71? The bolt pattern is the same 6x139.7 but Im wondering about the offset and if the brakes will clear. Thanks

2006 GMC no start - fuel pump
After sitting for about 8 hours my truck wouldn't start. Fuel pump was not kicking on. Banged on the side of fuel tank and it started right up. Should I shell out the $400 for new pump or wait it out?...
1
1

DIsabling security start on 95 blazer
Our Blazer has some sort of security thing at startup.. the started won't engage unless you hit "unlock" on the key fob.. Anyone know if this can be disabled or something? Nothing in the manual about...
20
20

95 Steering Gearbox
Anyone knows how much this sucker weighs? 50lbs? I have to replace the pitman arm. I am assuming this will come out from the bottom front (behind the plastic dirt shield) Here's the part number...
8
8

88 S-10 Blazer 4x4 fuel not getting to Throttle Body
4.3 s-10 Blazer was cutting I put in a new fuel pump,because the fuel pump had been I replaced the fuel pump,with a bosh,from advance auto,life time replaced strainer on pump and inline ran good for...
18
18

2001 Blazer 4.3 Intake Manifold Gasket
My Blazer has been slowly losing coolant and I believe that it is likely due to the dreaded intake manifold gasket failure that I hear is pretty common with this vehicle/engine. Can anyone give me a...
2
2