Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wheel Offset - will they fit?
a friend of mine has a 2005 GMC K1500 regular cab short box with the 4.3 manual shift. will his 17 inch steel wheels fit on my 1995 GMC K1500 excab short box with the 5.7? my research shows the bolt...
3
3

5.7 vortec conversion
Can anybody tell me what has to be done in order to stick a 5.7 vortec in my 95 1/2 ton.I know they started putting the vortec in the 96 and old motor just don't have enough juice.
5
5

Re: 97 Blazer hard to start
I have a 97 Blazer 4x4 and it's showing similar symptoms. I go in to it in the morning to start. It cranks and cranks. Turn key off then try to start again, fires right up. Drives great, no...

Electronic re-programmers
How effective are these hand held plug-in programmers in the Chevy S-Blazer with 4.3L V6 engine(262 cu in)? Where can I purchase a 2nd hand unit?

question about instrument clusters
Hi, does anyone know which year instrument clusters will work in my truck? It is a 90 K1500 with 350 eng and 700r4 trans. I want to add a tach but would prefer it be right in the cluster if possible....

Where to find?
I am looking for running gears ( 205 transfer case and 4 speed trans ) and frame from a 1978- 1980 Chevy. What can I expect to pay for a decent rig? Thanks in advance!
1
1

fuel problem driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
my 97 2500 silverado died the other day... started back up fine and died again, this time not starting again.. i replace the fuel pump, fuel relay and cap and rotor... the pump is now working but only...
7
7

Torsion Bars
2001 4x4 2500 V8 6000 After further inspection, I discovered that the reason my truck was riding so rough was because the previous owner had turned the torsion bars ALL THE WAY up. I know how to lower...
1
1

97 Silverado power steering pump
what is a good replacement of P.S.P. to use? I just replaced my original pump with one of the same year, and it now leaks. should i replace it with a different year?

a/c compressor w/ pulley
the bearring in my a/c compressor are going because it makes a load ticking sound. Does anyone know if this will cause shifting problems?

high radiator pressure
When I start my 5.7 97 gmc the upper radiator hose seems to have a very high pressure in it until the thermostat opens Is this cap is new 16lb and the thermostat is new 190 degree.
2
2

97 Silverado
hey all, i just bought a '97 Silverado with all options 2WD, locking rear, ext. cab, etc. 250, 300 miles. any common problems with this year?
3
3

03 Chevy Trailblazer
my friend told me that her right rear window will not go up...any ideas?
2
2

Shakin 22" dubs
I have a 95'chevy 4x4 tahoe. I added 22'dubs to the truck. And yes they are balanced with that restrainer in the hub. Those wheels shake like crazy when you hit a bump under 40 mph. I see other suv's...
2
2

truck not running (fuel problem) PLEASE HELP
it is a 97 K2500 with a 350. the other day i was driving about 30mph or so and my truck hesitated a little and stalled.... I came to a stop and it started right back up.... ran fine the next day and...
8
8