Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Transmission Question
I have a GMC Suburban and have a tranny question. I was under the impression that so long as the tranny wasn't shifting up and down to maintain a speed over hills (i.e. maintain speed with cruise...
25
25

Japanese cars are the best
Japan is a leading provider of vehicles around the world; Japanese vehicles used & new are always high in demand. But the problem is very few people understand how to get them imported to there...
1
1

T Cap fuse
Ok, I narrowed my battery discharge problem to 2 fuses under the hood and 3 inside the cab. Under the hood, pulling the lights and the battery fuses eliminates the drain (pulled the positive cable and...
1
1

Oil Pan Gasket
Can the pan gasket on a 99 Silvy 5.3L be replaced with out lifting/ pulling the engine?
4
4

Post-1998 Suburbans That Use Same V-8?
2 problems with my '98 'Burb: - Front diff got fried by a bad tow and I'm not confident in the repair - and getting stuck on the beach is a stone bummer (muuuuy expensivo tows... predatory, even) -...
2
2

Winch Bumper or Other Mount
I recently was given an 8000 pound Warn Winch for my 4x4. An 07 2500HD Crew Cab. I have been looking for a good way to mount it that will be effective when I need it, look decent, and not cost a ton...
2
2

My clunker does not qualify???
If an S10 Blazer 1985 4x4 2.8 Blazer with 175k miles on it doesn't qualify..... what does???? Why does the gov. go by what kind of milage this thing got when it was new..... they know damn well I...
14
14

02 silverado tow/haul
My tow/haul button doesn't work anymore. What could be the problem? Thanks
1
1

Replacing front brakes and rotors
I am trying to replace my front brakes and rotors on my '05 2500HD 4 x 4 6.0L. I have replaced brakes on numerous cars in the past with no problems. However, I cannot break free the bolts on the...
2
2

battery problem
I have a 99 Suburban that has been having a battery problem. If I leave the battery connected it sometimes discharges enough to need to be jumped. I normally use the quick disconnect I put on it every...
13
13

1998 chevy 5.7 starting problem
1998 Chevy 1/2 on 4x4 w 5.7. new GM crate motor last year. New starter, battery, alternator. doesn't like to start 1st thing in the morning. doesn't matter the outside temp. 90 or 40, same problem....
3
3

Will 04 Tahoe wheels fit my 97 K1500
Will 04 Tahoe wheels fit my 97 K1500. I see a set for sale on craigslist. Thanks Tom

Feds blacklist Nevada
Gary
1
1

95 chevy running rough, can't find problem!
My 95 1/2 ton silverado with 5.7L is running rough, and I can't find the problem. =A0=A0It acts as if it is going to stall when I accelerate and begin to slow down. Once I stop, it idles good. The...
1
1

99 Silverado steering gear
135k miles on mine. At far left or right turn there is a rubbing/ squeaking that happens. Dealer says steering gear is going bad and wants $950 to replace! WTF? Can I attempt to replace on my own?...